Funny and True Story

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Driving through Cushing yesterday, I was stopped at a light. There was a young kid maybe early 20s holding a sign saying he was walking to Alaska and needed funds.

Normally I ignore idiotic things like this, but I decided to have some fun. I asked him if he had a passport. He said he didn't need one to go to Alaska because he was a US citizen. I laughed, and told him he best be a dang good swimmer then.

Maybe the youngster should have paid more attention to geography in school.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Driving through Cushing yesterday, I was stopped at a light. There was a young kid maybe early 20s holding a sign saying he was walking to Alaska and needed funds.

Normally I ignore idiotic things like this, but I decided to have some fun. I asked him if he had a passport. He said he didn't need one to go to Alaska because he was a US citizen. I laughed, and told him he best be a dang good swimmer then.

The Canadian Customs are so lame, they'd let through.

yimyammer

Reaction score

I don't get it, what am I missing?

You can walk to Alaska from Cushing, ME, is that where you are?

nobody

Reaction score
Technically, you could walk to Washington and then take a ferry to Alaska without a passport, but then you're not just "walking"

yimyammer

Reaction score
You have to go through Canada or start swimming. Need a passport to go through Canada.

lol, guess I'm as dumb as the hitchhiker, I got distracted by the swimming comment and overlooked the passport part

thx

nobody

Reaction score
Didn't even know you could do that!!

I looked it up because I was curious. Then I found out that flying from Washington to Anchorage is MUCH cheaper than the ferry. It's also about 6 hours compared to the 38 hours by ferry.