Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
anigif_enhanced-25192-1391107187-2.gif
Donuts mail box has been found

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/I9rM_sqIK0BzWriPtoTvetlZCheTuaSP8qQ1Jv0XFoWtvDQRgVdLHks_YB4T8FZWWOHKZtxq0TUG0hECweqxvZ9MM_4GNJ96zo7SYmzcX9DCD7ZByELgiar0uKX7f9RCH2Y0CBfaAJDHMav2xgHTP7ghHN3ls_yoD1qct6AMUHDoRLLXx8bA-eR8C6--ANFoi69f7sTM6O2ZkaM0nxsgm-E=w530-h342-p-k-rw

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
looks real there are people stupid enough to do that stuff
While I agree that plenty of people will do stupid things in videos these days, it looks fake to me as well because his trajectory never alters.

He should have landed several feet short of the water as gravity pulled him downward in a curved trajectory, but instead he continues consistently at a straight decline.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
While I agree that plenty of people will do stupid things in videos these days, it looks fake to me as well because his trajectory never alters.

He should have landed several feet short of the water as gravity pulled him downward in a curved trajectory, but instead he continues consistently at a straight decline.
Maybe he is part penguin

nobody

Reaction score
Looked fake to me unless he could fly. Gravity doesn't let you straight line like that unless he zip lined down.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
How so? Maybe I could see it better on my computer, but it looks legit on my phone.

Physics is one of my passions. The human legs are not capable of propelling his body that far that quickly. He would have splat on the concrete, not landed in the pool.

When you throw a ball. You will notice the further it goes, the more the arch will turn down. That's because gravity will overcome the forward kinetic energies within the ball forcing the ball's directional path to change. Notice this guy jumped a long distance, yet his forward path never changed. His path was a straight line from the ledge to the water.

That doesn't happen in physics unless the speed of the object can overcome the distance of travel. (throw a ball at a wall at 10' vs 100'.) At 10', you will have the strength to overcome gravy for those 10'. At 100', you aren't likely to be able to keep the ball on a straight line as gravity will start to overcome it's kinetic energy.

The ledge to the water has to be around 25'-30'. That's a damn long way for the human legs to push someone with enough kinetic energy to overcome gravity over the same distance.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Physics is one of my passions. The human legs are not capable of propelling his body that far that quickly. He would have splat on the concrete, not landed in the pool.

When you throw a ball. You will notice the further it goes, the more the arch will turn down. That's because gravity will overcome the forward kinetic energies within the ball forcing the ball's directional path to change. Notice this guy jumped a long distance, yet his forward path never changed. His path was a straight line from the ledge to the water.

That doesn't happen in physics unless the speed of the object can overcome the distance of travel. (throw a ball at a wall at 10' vs 100'.) At 10', you will have the strength to overcome gravy for those 10'. At 100', you aren't likely to be able to keep the ball on a straight line as gravity will start to overcome it's kinetic energy.

The ledge to the water has to be around 25'-30'. That's a damn long way for the human legs to push someone with enough kinetic energy to overcome gravity over the same distance.
That's what I meant about the fisheye lens. Objects may be closer than they appear, which would also affect the appearance of his trajectory ......but that's just a thought.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lol, how does anyone know the measurements?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Look at the ledge he is standing on at a distance. He is around 25' up. The camera is looking down at the pool at around 45 degree angle. Do the math. He would have to jump at least 25' just to reach the pool.

I don't know a single person on Earth that can jump 25' without ever succumbing in the slightest to the Earth's gravitational pull to alter the course of their jump. (ie, a straight line jump with no course alteration via gravity)

The speed of the projectile is the only thing that can keep the flight straight and he clearly isn't strong enough to push his weight over a 25' distance.

f-d%3Abb024be6673110b31e78b46819e792adaed8dc661e082a61f0a6d64e%2BIMAGE%2BIMAGE.1

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
looks real there are people stupid enough to do that stuff

All the crazy stuff we’re seeing is due to social media. People will do anything today just to get “likes” and “views.” A lot of it is real and some of it is staged.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look at the ledge he is standing on at a distance. He is around 25' up. The camera is looking down at the pool at around 45 degree angle. Do the math. He would have to jump at least 25' just to reach the pool.

I don't know a single person on Earth that can jump 25' without ever succumbing in the slightest to the Earth's gravitational pull to alter the course of their jump. (ie, a straight line jump with no course alteration via gravity)

The speed of the projectile is the only thing that can keep the flight straight and he clearly isn't strong enough to push his weight over a 25' distance.

f-d%3Abb024be6673110b31e78b46819e792adaed8dc661e082a61f0a6d64e%2BIMAGE%2BIMAGE.1
Where's 25' or 45 degrees coming from? All the objects are curved, even the pool looks fishy. I'm not willing to assume anything. Could be fake, but if a fish eye lens was used then it's guaranteed to be distorted.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Where's 25' or 45 degrees coming from? All the objects are curved, even the pool looks fishy. I'm not willing to assume anything. Could be fake, but if a fish eye lens was used then it's guaranteed to be distorted.

Look man, if you can't see it. (fish-eye doesn't matter in this case, as it's not distorted enough to even appear to break the laws of physics)

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Someone else can.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look man, if you can't see it. (fish-eye doesn't matter in this case, as it's not distorted enough to even appear to break the laws of physics)

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Someone else can.
Easy bud, just having a discussion. I just like to ask questions. Have a good one!

Last edited: