Funny Images Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
giphy.gif

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Raccoons may look like cute animals, but they can be vicious especially against other animals like dogs.
I used to live in a house in Greenwich that had a raised porch. Every night during the summer two racoons used to fight like mad under there. My wife (at the time) and kids were way freaked out for a long time until they got used to them. I used to try to keep them out, but they would just get back in somehow and fight some more.

Those are some mean bastiges!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I used to live in a house in Greenwich that had a raised porch. Every night during the summer two racoons used to fight like mad under there. My wife (at the time) and kids were way freaked out for a long time until they got used to them. I used to try to keep them out, but they would just get back in somehow and fight some more.

I had a Siamese cat when I was younger. He wasn't long and lanky, like the typical Siamese, in fact he looked like a miniature puma, but more muscular. Meanest thing I've ever seen to this day. He actually ran up a telephone pole and beat up a raccoon.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My first close up encounter with a raccoon was several years ago. I pulled into my driveway after grocery shopping. I loaded up with groceries, shut my car door and look down and a raccoon was just walking right by me about 2-3 feet away from my feet. He stopped, looked up at me for a couple of seconds, then continued walking at the same speed.

It felt like this ..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My first close up encounter with a raccoon was several years ago. I pulled into my driveway after grocery shopping. I loaded up with groceries, shut my car door and look down and a raccoon was just walking right by me about 2-3 feet away from my feet. He stopped, looked up at me for a couple of seconds, then continued walking at the same speed.

It felt like this ..

I used to feed them by hand when I was camping. My brother had one, while it was still young. It would shimmy up your side, without using its claws, and sit on your shoulder.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

are some mean bastiges!
I had a big fat female pet racoon when I was about 9 or 10 y.o. ,,,an old long time(dying of cancer oilfield roughneck ) gave it me, dudes name was Harold Batey,lived in st. Francisville Illinois, married& childless& had that coon as a pet for like 7-8 years( dad kinda farmed me out as I guess,,,come to think about it now, kinda' like a surrogate son to him on some of the weekends,He took me to my first St.Louis Cardinals baseball game& we rode that egg pod elevator up into that arch they have on the river( or had, Idk anymore) Mom& the sisters wasn't all that hip on me keeping that fat chittering racoon that would climb up and ride on yer' shoulder as you walked around ( she heeled the beagle hounds down pretty quick too!) in the house with me& made me keep her out in the work shop,,,well, those dudes would come in after work and clean up/ change clothes/drink beer in the shop& get her drunk& be mean to her, as I guess she wasn't all that tolerable of a drunk & kinda' turned her a little mean.

Last edited: