Funny Madden and NFL 2K clips...

VirusX

Reaction score
Its a good and bad thing that madden teamed up with ESPN NextGen games should be awesome.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
God I hope so man,I "was" a Madden freak till 2K came out on the Dreamcast,I've been hooked on this game ever since!

Rude

Reaction score
VirusX said:
Its a good and bad thing that madden teamed up with ESPN NextGen games should be awesome.

They didnt team up, 2k sports were the people that made espn 2k football, Ea sports (madden) bought the name ESPN.

So Madden is still made by the same lame crew while 2k sports is left without the NFL or ESPN license.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Rude said:
They didnt team up, 2k sports were the people that made espn 2k football, Ea sports (madden) bought the name ESPN.

So Madden is still made by the same lame crew while 2k sports is left without the NFL or ESPN license.

Yep :(

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I too, had the Dreamcast and NFL 2k2 ... I have always thought that it was way better than Madden ... I can't see why people get so excited over Madden unless they haven't played 2k5 ...

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I too, had the Dreamcast and NFL 2k2 ... I have always thought that it was way better than Madden ... I can't see why people get so excited over Madden unless they haven't played 2k5 ...

Actually, EA sports is Genius. How else can you explain getting people to salivate and plunk down over $50 for a new release of essentially the same game with some tiny tweaks every year? :rolleyes:

LOL,look at Madden 2005 graphics and Madden 2006, 95% Identical!
Now that they have exclusive rights,there is no reason for them to make much improvements! There is no direct competition to increase modifications and improvements!

They only did that so they because they knew ESPN 2k6 would have kicked their butt!!! EA Sports has done that for years ... thats how they make money ... they might change something slight and advertise the hell out of it. If they wanted to they could make it unbelievably awesome!

2K was a better game,I don't care what anybody says. And this is coming from a guy who ''was'' a Madden Freak!

What a joke! EA sports.... :yousuck:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
Actually, EA sports is Genius. How else can you explain getting people to salivate and plunk down over $50 for a new release of essentially the same game with some tiny tweaks every year? :rolleyes:

Now that they have exclusive rights,there is no reason for them to make much improvements! There is no direct competition to increase modifications and improvements!

They only did that so they because they knew ESPN 2k6 would have kicked their butt!!! EA Sports has done that for years ... thats how they make money ... they might change something slight and advertise the hell out of it. If they wanted to they could make it unbelievably awesome!

2K was a better game,I don't care what anybody says. And this is coming from a guy who ''was'' a Madden Freak!

Well said, that is exactly how I feel.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
Just curious, does anyone know how much ESPN 2k5 cut into EA's profits last year? I know the folks that create 2K5 (Visual Concepts?) were very aggressive with their marketing last year. They got out on the market much faster and 30 bucks cheaper. I thought they had a better overall product as well. They must have sunk their teeth in pretty deep for EA to buy exclusive rights.

VirusX

Reaction score
Rude said:

Incorrect, They can use the name but read this article. They are partnered for then next 15 years starting 2006 because of the deal with sega.

AceofSpades

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:

It makes me want to cry everytime I think about it. :cry:

EA killed my favorite game of all time. I hope they all die.
ea-sports-logo.gif
:shoot3: