Furboy 2021 mock draft 3.0 with no trades

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like this but not a big fan of taking a qb at 10 but if this is the way it has to be than I am for it. Good job.

Thankies, this is not my favourite mock by any means because I don't want QB at 10, but this is the best way I could think of making that work.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a Mac Jones fan at all... You lost me with that selection. I wouldn't be mad at the other selections though!

I'm not a huge fan of his either, but he's possibly the best of the 1st round QBs that we could get at 10 imo, and, if we were to go QB at 10, this is the way I envisioned if we had to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There is a better chance I take snaps at LB this fall than Jamin Davis slides that far and I am an AARP member.

What about him in rounds 4-6? Just so I can get a better idea for my next mock draft.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have been using First-pick. I would rather not go Mac Jones personally anyway. I want defence at 10. I was just trying to show a possible scenario of what we should do if the Cowboys decide to go QB at 10. I'd prefer keeping Dak. I still like Tufele a lot, but I may have some other DTs as round 2 options, but I may take Grant there and have Slaton at round 3. I like Slaton a lot. I also like A'rdarius Washington if we can't get Grant.
I worry about Washington's size and if the team will even consider him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I worry about Washington's size and if the team will even consider him.

He is undersized, but he looks like a solid player nonetheless. Mind you, there have been solid players at his size. Jim Leonhard was 5'8" and was a good player. A bit of a journeyman, but he was productive. Coincidentally, he's who I had in mind for our DC position before Quinn took over. Bob Sanders was his size, and he was a standout safety for the Colts. Antoine Winfield Sr. was 5'9" and was a good DB for the Bills and Vikings. Those are 3 examples of DBs who were about his Washington's size who were solid players. Sidenote, Bob Sanders ended up being a 2nd round pick. Leonhard was undrafted. Winfield Sr. was a 1st round pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He is undersized, but he looks like a solid player nonetheless. Mind you, there have been solid players at his size. Jim Leonhard was 5'8" and was a good player. A bit of a journeyman, but he was productive. Coincidentally, he's who I had in mind for our DC position before Quinn took over. Bob Sanders was his size, and he was a standout safety for the Colts. Antoine Winfield Sr. was 5'9" and was a good DB for the Bills and Vikings. Those are 3 examples of DBs who were about his Washington's size who were solid players. Sidenote, Bob Sanders ended up being a 2nd round pick. Leonhard was undrafted. Winfield Sr. was a 1st round pick.
Problem is nobody knows he real size, he could be 5'6, 170 lbs. There has only been a few undersized players who has had success. Think teams will scheme ways to force him into man coverage against way bigger matchups.

timb2

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and welcome to another mock draft from me without trades. In this scenario, we are looking at ways to fix the defence while taking Mac Jones at 10. Let's assume in this scenario that Jerry and Dak can't come to an agreement, and that we have to take a QB. This is one way that I think we can solve this problem while fixing the defence. As usual, I'll be posting a video or, if no video is available, a link to their stats. Additionally, I will also be giving their measurements and my explanations.

Round 1 Pick 10: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (B-):

6'3" and 214 lbs. Mac Jones is likely to be the best available QB at 10 if we are to go QB. So, this is how this pick starts for me.

Round 2 Pick 12: Jay Tufele, DT, USC (A-)

6'3" and 305 lbs. My obligatory Tufele selection to help our DT situation so we can stop the run. You already know my take on him if you've read my previous mock drafts.

Round 3 Pick 11: Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida (A+)

6'1" and 193 lbs. A new feature of my mock drafts. Aaron Robinson is a solid player. He's a physical CB.

Round 3 Pick 35 (COMP): Richie Grant, FS/SS, Central Florida (A+)

6'0" and 194 lbs. Best safety available at this spot and one of the best safeties in the draft. Grant is additional firepower at S.

Round 4 Pick 10: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)

6'6" and 315 lbs. Massive OT who would be nice depth behind T Smith and Collins. Able to start when T Smith is out.

Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): TeDarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBjFTk6OFmg&t=35s
6'5" and 340 lbs. Massive 1T DT who can absolutely shut down the run. He, Tufele, and Neville Gallimore, would give us a lethal set at DT.

Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Camryn Bynum, CB, California (A+)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjThom4s0gg&t=17s
6'0" and 200 lbs. Underrated CB who would replace Jourdan Lewis who, I believe, is a FA. Oh, and Bynum is a better player, imo, than Lewis was.

Round 6 Pick 8: Anthony Hines, ILB/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4240909/anthony-hines
https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/anthony-hines-iii/7231
6'3" and 226 lbs. The few videos that I found of him had inappropriate music and were very short. So, they were not able to be used imo. He opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID, but he seems like a good choice for LB depth. So, I used this pick to add him.

Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida (A+)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=anthony+hines+texas+a&m+highlights
6'2" and 185 lbs. Another very underrated CB who'd make an excellent player for us. He'd be a steal here.

Round 7 Pick 10: Jamin Davis, ILB/OLB, Kentucky (A+)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=anthony+hines+texas+a&m+highlights
6'4" and 234 lbs. Another LB, and this one is an underrated LB. Hines and Davis would give us nice depth at LB.

The picks here fix a lot of issues on defence, while also giving us Mac Jones and a solid OT. Next week's mock draft will include some UDFA options that I like to go one step further.

Thoughts?

Good work Furboy