Furboy's 2021 1.0 trade mock draft - First Cowboys First-pick with 1st round trade 1.0

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome to my first mock draft involving trades. I'll have to come up with a better title haha. I promised on yesterday's mock draft that I'd post one involving a first round trade today, and this is the draft I've done tonight involving a 1st trade as promised. I will be doing more drafts every week, but this is my first one involving trades. As the offseason goes on, I'll be adding my top 11 undrafted players, but that won't be on this draft. As is standard, I will be posting a video or stats if no video is available by each player, their height and weight, and a brief explanation of my logic behind each pick. In this draft via First-Pick, I got a trade offer from the Las Vegas Raiders in which they offered their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for the 10th overall pick. Enjoy!

Round 1 Pick 17 (L.V.): Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (A) - - Caleb Farley, 6'2 and 207 lbs. Caleb Farley is potentially one of the best corners in the draft. Having him on the other side of Diggs would give us a deadly CB combo. A bit of a risk trading down with him on the board, but he fell to this pick making drafting him easy.

Round 2 Pick 12: Jay Tufele, DT, USC (A-) - - Jay Tufele, 6'3" and 315 lbs. I selected him in the draft last night, and I'm taking him again tonight. Imo, he's one of the best DTs in the draft. We have major issues stopping the run, and I think Tufele helps fix that.

Round 2 Pick 16 (L.V.): Dylan Moses, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A-) - - Dylan Moses 6'3 and 240 lbs. Because of the trade down, I'm able to address the run defence deficiencies that are well established by drafting Dylan Moses. Specifically, we have issues at LB. LVE is becoming Sean Lee Jr. in terms of his injuries. Sean Lee is unlikely to return next season, and Jaylon Smith is Jaylon Smith. Dylan Moses is an excellent LB against the run.

Round 3 Pick 11: Richie Grant, FS/SS, Central Florida (A) - - Richie Grant, 6'0" and 194 lbs. Where to begin on this pick? Safety is a position that we have greatly needed addressing for a very long time. Wilson has been a good find, but we need someone next to him. Xavier Woods has been awful. Luckily, Richie Grant is available in this draft. Not many good safeties in this draft, but Richie Grant is one of the few good ones. I like what I see from him a lot. He's available at this spot, so I took him.

Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State (A) - - Chuba Hubbard 6'0 207 and lbs. Having addressed a lot of major defencive issues, I decided to use this opportunity to add an offensive weapon here. Zeke has been having issues and the wear and tear of the RB position appeared to be taking a toll on his body. And no wonder! With how much we use him, that would certainly impact Zeke. Plus, Zeke was having fumble issues. Pollard is a good back too, but it can't hurt to add another. Also, Pollard has 2 years left on his contract (https://overthecap.com/player/tony-pollard/7919/), so this gives us a way to have 2 years of a powerful 3 headed monster. Lest we forget, Zeke missed the Eagles game last season. It'd be nice to have another back and one capable of starting. Enter Chuba Hubbard. This Canadian RB is quick!!! Very quick!!! As I watch his videos, he strikes me as someone that defences would have a hard time handling. Zeke batters them, and Hubbard cuts through the weary defence like a bullet!

Round 3 Pick 35 (COMP): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaHWGJjDgd0 - Alaric Jackson 6'6 and 315. Tyron Smith has been having increased injury and seems to be missing more games than he has in the past. It felt like this past season, he didn't play much. La'el Collins didn't play at all last season. I hope that both of them will play, but it is time to get some valid depth and a player that we can develop to take over for Tyron Smith. Enter Alaric Jackson. An OT who I think is underrated, and he is someone who I think has the ability to do just that! He's massive, and he looks good!

Round 4 Pick 10: TeDarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBjFTk6OFmg - TeDarrell Slaton 6'5"and 340 lbs. An absolute behemoth of a 1T DT! A position of need that we've had for a while. When I watch him, he looks almost unblockable! Doubling up in the draft at DT with Tufele and Slaton would be BRILLIANT. Especially considering Gallimore. Gallimore, Tufele, and Slaton gives us 3 powerful DTs. As I watch his videos, he not only stops the run, but he hits the RB hard!! That RB is NOT going to want to run it on Slaton as the game goes on.

Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Rashad Weaver, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdw6LcBn5c - Rashad Weaver 6'5" and 270 lbs. A massive DE! Considering that Aldon Smith was playing on a 1 year deal, I felt adding DE depth would be helpful. DLaw and Randy Gregory are, of course, solid DEs. However, adding Rashad Weaver would give us excellent depth behind them to be able to pressure the QB. Oh, and he can stop the run pretty well too. Please note in the video how he didn't just cause a fumble while sacking the QB. He literally snatched the ball from the QB's hands into his hands. Imagine having a DE that could do that! In the words of a furry friend of mine who has a YouTube channel, oh my goodness! What a defence we'd have!!! Farley, Tufele, Moses, Grant, Slaton, and now Weaver! Should give us plenty of short fields. Oh, and also note how he knocks the ball out of the likely number 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence. He not only gets sacks, but he knocks the ball out of the hands of the QB. THAT is what I want from a DE!

Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Camryn Bynum, CB, California (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjThom4s0gg&t=10s - 6'0 and 200 lbs. I had him as a 7th round pick yesterday, but I've been noticing as I do simulated drafts lately that he gets drafted before the 6th round typically now. Underrated CB imo, and it's always good to have depth at CB. Given that both Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis are expected to be FAs, Bynum would help fill that depth, as well as Farley earlier.

Round 6 Pick 8: Max Richardson, ILB/OLB, Boston College (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQH3bjvXHc - Max Richardson 6'3 and 230 lbs. In 2020 (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4035356/max-richardson), he had 47 solo tackles and 3.5 sacks. Given our issues at LB, Max Richardson provides depth at that spot which we need.

Round 6 Pick 41 (COMP): Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQH3bjvXHc - Tay Gowan 6'2 and 185 lbs. In the 2020 season, Tay Gowan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQH3bjvXHc) had 8 passes defended, 2 interceptions, and 22 solo tackles. This is a player that would be a special teams player for us as well as depth at CB. Can't have enough depth at CB, and Gowan provides that.

Round 7 Pick 10: Warren Jackson, WR, Colorado State (A+) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B6ps78-_zA&t=54s - Warren Jackson 6'6" and 219 lbs. He didn't play in 2020 because the Mountain West Conference didn't play (COVID). However, I have absolutely no idea why he fell to round 7. This is the WR that I really like in the draft and is one of my faves. Had to snag him here! Massive WR with solid hands! He'd probably start as a ST player and as depth, but I think we'll see during preseason why I like him!

What do you all think?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A lot of my pet cats, although I don't see all of them lasting to where they're drafted here.

Farley, Tufele (Fight On!), Slaton, Bynum, Gowan, and Jackson are all guys I love in this year's class.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A lot of my pet cats, although I don't see all of them lasting to where they're drafted here.

Farley, Tufele (Fight On!), Slaton, Bynum, Gowan, and Jackson are all guys I love in this year's class.

Thankies and same! I'd LOVE it if all of these players are available and we can draft them like this. I also really like Hubbard. If we can start with Farley, Tufele, and Grant (even without a trade down), I think Hubbard would be a GREAT addition to our team as well. In this trade down scenario, I would be SUPER happy if we can get the players I got here. Dylan Moses is a player that I do very much like watching videos of as well. If we get that trade down, I hope we can bring in Moses. He looks LETHAL! Slaton would be excellent too. Imo, if I had to choose between Tufele and Slaton, I may consider taking Slaton over just because he fits the 1T and Moses would be REALLY helpful in round 2.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Imo, if we draft the players I got in this mock draft, fasten your seatbelts! This defence is about to go from worst to top-10 as the season rolls on!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Like this one far better, outside of taking Moses who I think is more of a later pick. However, very little chance Farley/Grant slide to the positions you project.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Like this one far better, outside of taking Moses who I think is more of a later pick. However, very little chance Farley/Grant slide to the positions you project.

From what I could see of Moses, he looks like he performs well against the run. That was why I put him as one of my 2 second round picks. I agree about Farley and Grant. However, in the case of Farley, I think he's the more likely to slide in a trade down. In the event Grant isn't there, my backup option would've been Paris Ford from Pittsburgh. I was watching stuff on him. The commentators in a game he played said that he may be one of the top run stopping safeties in college. So if Grant isn't there, that's who I'd take.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Javante Williams is just as fast.

Okie hehe. I'd be happy with either Javante or Chuba hehe. As long as we get Zeke some help imo. Zeke was showing me late in the season that the hits are starting to pile up on him, so I think it'd be wise to draft a RB midround after addressing the key defencive issues. This helps us take some pressure off of Zeke and Pollard, while potentially creating a bit of a 3 headed monster.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
From what I could see of Moses, he looks like he performs well against the run. That was why I put him as one of my 2 second round picks. I agree about Farley and Grant. However, in the case of Farley, I think he's the more likely to slide in a trade down. In the event Grant isn't there, my backup option would've been Paris Ford from Pittsburgh. I was watching stuff on him. The commentators in a game he played said that he may be one of the top run stopping safeties in college. So if Grant isn't there, that's who I'd take.

Farley has elite, athletic traits and might not even make it to 10, let alone 17. I like Browning/Cox better at the linebacker position in that range. Unless Bolton falls in rd 2, think the 3rd rd is the area to address the linebacker need.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Farley has elite, athletic traits and might not even make it to 10, let alone 17. I like Browning/Cox better at the linebacker position in that range. Unless Bolton falls in rd 2, think the 3rd rd is the area to address the linebacker need.

Jabril Cox was another player I considered as a 2nd round pick. I would potentially go Horn or Surtain if Farley is gone. One of those 3 is bound to fall to 17 if we trade down.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jabril Cox was another player I considered as a 2nd round pick. I would potentially go Horn or Surtain if Farley is gone. One of those 3 is bound to fall to 17 if we trade down.
I have messed around with trade down scenarios as well. Personally, I'm not trading away from Farley if he's on the board. If he's gone, I am open to the idea. However, outside of a QB being there at 10, we need another attractive player for a team to move up for. Could a WR or Pitts interest teams? If, not, we are going to have to make a pick at our slot, which seems likely at this juncture.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have messed around with trade down scenarios as well. Personally, I'm not trading away from Farley if he's on the board. If he's gone, I am open to the idea. However, outside of a QB being there at 10, we need another attractive player for a team to move up for. Could a WR or Pitts interest teams? If, not, we are going to have to make a pick at our slot, which seems likely at this juncture.

I could see Pitts get teams intrigued for a trade down. I'd love to have Farley, Tufele, Cox, and Hubbard as potentially our first 4 picks.