News: FWIW: Cowboys remain America’s (favorite) team

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posted by Mike Florio on October 17, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT

With so many polls currently focused on the Commanders, there’s another poll that centers on the Cowboys.

According to SportsBusiness Daily, a recent Harris Poll shows that the Cowboys remain the most popular team among American football fans.

The Cowboys remained on top since the last time the poll was conducted in 2011, even though the team hasn’t been to the playoffs since 2009.

Read the rest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/17/cowboys-remain-americas-favorite-team/

Giants: 4
Commanders: 14
Eagles: 9

dcstands4

Reaction score
sending this to all those Packers fan who think they have the top spot

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Stealers easily have number 2. I love how everybody on youtube says they hate our bandwagon fans. lol you have to be good to get band wagon fans. Now the stealers they picked up a ton of bandwagon fans after their last 2 sb's that the refs helped them win.

jrumann59

Reaction score
so number 1 for the last 15 years. No way we have that many bandwagon fans.

perrykemp

Reaction score
sending this to all those Packers fan who think they have the top spot

I don't know of any Packers fans (and I know a lot!) who claim the Packers are #1. Most don't seem to care one way or another about the "America's Team" moniker.

One interesting argument I have heard them voice is if you removed all the Cowboys fans in Texas (Texas has 26 million people) and all the Packer fans in Wisconsin (Wisconsin has 5 million people) from the equation would the Cowboys ands Packers flip flop the #1 and #2 spots.

My guess is the Cowboys will still be #1, but it's an interesting argument.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Of course the Cowboys are America's Team. Did you think it would be the deadskins, the egirls, the vagiants, or squeelers. No it's a grown mans team the Cowboys. The" best there is , the best their was, and the best their ever will be".*

Footnote* Brett the Hitman Hart

dcstands4

Reaction score
I don't know of any Packers fans (and I know a lot!) who claim the Packers are #1. Most don't seem to care one way or another about the "America's Team" moniker.

One interesting argument I have heard them voice is if you removed all the Cowboys fans in Texas (Texas has 26 million people) and all the Packer fans in Wisconsin (Wisconsin has 5 million people) from the equation would the Cowboys ands Packers flip flop the #1 and #2 spots.

My guess is the Cowboys will still be #1, but it's an interesting argument.

you should join this google community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116742901781591358693

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Stealers easily have number 2. I love how everybody on youtube says they hate our bandwagon fans. lol you have to be good to get band wagon fans. Now the stealers they picked up a ton of bandwagon fans after their last 2 sb's that the refs helped them win.

Stealers dropped from 2-7 and when they are bad they are simply not compelling. Don't let the towels in the stands fool you. The bright yellow stands out but if we had the same type of thing with blue towels it would look the same or better.

On the other hand, we are the greatest show on earth. There's entertainment, danger, excitement and tragedy awaiting at every turn. We're the most exciting average sports team on the planet

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
except on the field...where it really matters...THIS is the garbage that Jerry uses to fill his pockets while the team wallows in mediocrity.

OK, but this thread is about the Cowboys being the most popular team in the league not another Jerry bashing thread.

StylisticS

Reaction score
So the Cowboys were number 1 after a 6-10 2010 season and number 1 again after a frustrating 8-8 season and yet you have other fanbases calling Cowboy fans bandwagon? What's to bandwagon? People make me laugh throwing that word out there so much regarding us. You can call Cowboy fans many things. But bandwagon isn't one of them.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Raiders and Bears have the most fans in the NFL.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
It speaks volumes that the Cowboys have remained America's favorite team despite winning only one playoff game in 16 years, while the Steelers - who have appeared in three Super Bowls in the last decade - have dropped from #2 to 7#......perhaps because of a 1-4 start?

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
But Bobby Hebert insists the Saints are the "New America's Team"......He also claims the Saints are the "New greatest show on turf" wonder if he has anything original?