FWIW Folks, I'm excited again.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think we're close now. I really do. The Niners haven't been walked over like that all year really. This game was not as close as the store indicated. Credit them for not quitting, but we owned after the 1st Qtr and played smart football and made sure we came away with points- keeping pressure on the opponent all game long.

1) The Pass Rush is really starting to get home now also. We're covering better deep. We're stuffing the run. We're still a step slow on defense a tad too often but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. Look at third down defense as proof. The only drives the Niners really had in the 2nd half were given to them on penalties and the rainbow that Bruce caught in the first quarter.

2) We're stuffing the Run. Gore had nothing today and he usually gets "something". We're covering the flats better than ever before . We're still getting exploited in the middle of the field on screens and checkdowns, but you can't make every play. I like Bradie's postgame comment: "If nothing else we want to be able to say "at least they stopped the run". That indicates a "commitment", not an effort. And I have loathed Bradie James to this point... but I like it. I like it alot.

3) Romo is close to being the offensive dynamo we know and love again. He's playing fun football as opposed to whatever it is you wanted to call those first six games, when he looked like he should have left the one Xanax back in the bottle before putting on the pads. The shoulder shake is back, the long ball touch (north/ south) is back , the finger still affects those odd looking throws to the sidelines he converts at an abnormally high rate. That will come also as that finger heals. His ball security looks markedly improved, although he has not been rushed hardcore since Az.

4)Special teams is still subpar but they're trying things (the blocked punt today was a nice momentum changer even though it only meant three pts.) Polk looks like a keeper. PacMan is back and will take over the PR duties from Patrick. On one kick today had Crayton veered left he might have had huge yardage but ended up running up the back of his blocker (I think it was Cricket). This unit has been so bad that things can only get better. Paulescu actually had a few punts that might have saved his job (as temporary as it is) after that first abysmal effort. Folk is back in a groove and $.

Gang- I think we're closer than the national media thinks. I think we have a shot to win ALL of the remaining games.

Sea (W) they're terrible. This team is miserably bad. If we don't beat the Seahawks this year we never will. And the following becomes null and void. We need the momentum of 8-4 terribly bad.

Pitt (50/50) we're playing better ball, but at home the Steelers will be a handful. But they're def not infallible I think we have the better football team in totality.

Balt (W)- call me crazy but I think this is the LOCK of all remaining games. We will KILL the Ravens, who are a good team- this just isn't the matchup they want at all... At home, Rookie QB facing a ton of pressure he hasn't seen in any of his games save for Pitt. A defense that doesn't see a really high octane offense all that often and when it does it sometimes gets lit up (Indy, NYG). I think the Cowboys win this game BIG, regardless that Bmore is a very very good football team. It's a huge matchup problem for them, they can't roll with us. Not even close.

NYG (W)- A healthy Romo and a fired up crowd makes a statement in a game that doesn't mean nearly as much to the Giants. But they will remember the beating they take on this day and dread facing us as the underdog in the playoffs. They were lucky last year in the playoffs... this is the day they realize that their time is short should we meet them a third time.

Phi (W)- Reid might be fired by then with another loss, if not Kolb will be starting and he won't be able to beat us. Westbrook is hurt. This game will look alot like last year's trip to the Linc. We struggle for a half, then win fairly easy.

And on we go to the playoffs. I feel good about things folks and so should you. This team is lights out better with Romo on the field, playing like Romo plays. The D is coming. We're coming. Things are on the up. TO will respond to the press and opinions that he is done by playing inspired ball... I just have a real real good feeling about this. Keep the faith. We'll be in this hunt to the end no doubt. :):star: