FWIW Vikings looking at Brace round 2

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709875 said:
I would say he had some to do with that, as all he does is occupy blocks, and probably was occupying 2 with Raji out

that's nothing special though

Brace is going to fall into the Gabe Watson category. I went round and round with Nors and a dozen others back then about the same damn things.

Just one of those deals, one person calls it one way and another calls it different. For the last four years I was forced to watch Brace as a Penn St fan with unbiased opinion. I just came away unimpressed. I also came away with the impression that there may not be any LB's in the NCAA that are better fighting off blocks then the BC LB's.

SDogo

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2709883 said:
You can't be serious. Isn't that what a traditional good DT does in a 3-4? Why do you think they led in tackles.:rolleyes:

See my next post. Only thing he occupied was the bathroom and lunch line. All you need to do is watch one BC game and see how great their LB's are fighting through traffic because their DT's did not occupy blocks (that goes for Raji as well)

SDogo

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2709883 said:
You can't be serious. Isn't that what a traditional good DT does in a 3-4? Why do you think they led in tackles.:rolleyes:

I'll take Ratliff and his pro bowl season over a speed bump any day. There is no need for Brace. Ratliff is 20 times better and Salvi can do everything Brace can do.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2709892 said:
Brace is going to fall into the Gabe Watson category. I went round and round with Nors and a dozen others back then about the same damn things.

Just one of those deals, one person calls it one way and another calls it different. For the last four years I was forced to watch Brace as a Penn St fan with unbiased opinion. I just came away unimpressed. I also came away with the impression that there may not be any LB's in the NCAA that are better fighting off blocks then the BC LB's.

I've been singularly unimpressed with Brace too

SDogo

Reaction score
By the way, I don't know when they are going to post it but NFL Draft Blitz had Brace on their radio show for a interview if anyone wants to check it out.

They have it advertised on their front page but the link to their shows does not have it posted yet.

NM, it's posted now.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/FourDownTerritory/33009.mp3

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RS12;2709303 said:
It has to be a concern for the Vikings that defensive tackle Pat Williams turns 37 next season. It's not out of the question that Minnesota would take a defensive tackle with its first-round pick, especially considering it's still uncertain whether Williams and fellow defensive lineman Kevin Williams will have their pending suspensions overturned. There's little doubt that 6-3, 335-pound defensive tackle Ron Brace of Boston College is on the Vikings' target list in the second round. -- Pioneer Press

good for them

I know this is hard for some to believe, but we're not drafting a backup NT who might play 10-12 plays a game with our only 1st day pick

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2709915 said:
good for them

I know this is hard for some to believe, but we're not drafting a backup NT who might play 10-12 plays a game with our only 1st day pick

The truth! Same can be said of Casey.

Not that I would not mind both players on this team and perhaps if we had a 1st round pick it would be different.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
dbair1967;2709915 said:
good for them

I think you are right. I just don't see it, either. I'm ruling Dorell Scott out.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
A late round addition that I'd support is Sammie Lee Hill. Good size and the potential to be a great player.