FWST Blog: Carson expects to play... Crayton wants to play somebody better than Cincy

ethiostar

Reaction score
Yeah, last thing we need now is to start overlooking some teams.............. What we need to do is dominate our opponents regardless of the caliber of the team we play against. We have the talent, we need to start dominating, especially those considred inferior talent wise.

What the pro scout told the coaching staff about our rookie TE applies here, 'put your foot on thier throat and never let up' until the final second. We had the game early and looked good but it seemed like we checked out after a quarter or so.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ethiostar;2297285 said:
Yeah, last thing we need now is to start overlooking some teams.............. What we need to do is dominate our opponents regardless of the caliber of the team we play against. We have the talent, we need to start dominating, especially those considred inferior talent wise.

What the pro scout told the coaching staff about our rookie TE applies here, 'put your foot on thier throat and never let up' until the final second. We had the game early and looked good but it seemed like we checked out after a quarter or so.

if you mean we as fans, you are wrong, we can do whatever we want, has no bearing

if you mean we as in team, then you are right but I doubt they look past the Bengirls

ethiostar

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2297294 said:
if you mean we as fans, you are wrong, we can do whatever we want, has no bearing

if you mean we as in team, then you are right but I doubt they look past the Bengirls

No man not us fans!!! Why would anyone think anything they do or say as fans will have any bearing on what the team does or how they perform? I thought that was understood.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
ethiostar;2297285 said:
We had the game early and looked good but it seemed like we checked out after a quarter or so.

We never "had the game early". The Commanders had a nice drive in the 1st quarter, I think we made a sack to knock them out of FG range. We came back and scored the TD late in the first. Then the Commanders scored on their next 5 possesions and never looked back. Like someone said earlier today, the Skins pretty much played like the better team from beginning to end.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Seems like he said what most of us are saying about next week's game. Beating a team like Cincinatti will not mean much IMO considering the type of team they are. But I hope they won't overlook them. At least the defense shouldn't. Still won't him to stop running his mouth though.

ethiostar

Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2297312 said:
We never "had the game early". The Commanders had a nice drive in the 1st quarter, I think we made a sack to knock them out of FG range. We came back and scored the TD late in the first. Then the Commanders scored on their next 5 possesions and never looked back. Like someone said earlier today, the Skins pretty much played like the better team from beginning to end.

At the end of the first quarter we were up by 7 points and our defense was pressuring the QB just fine. We started to lose it in the 2nd.

Btw, by 'had the game early', i didn't mean to imply we had the game in the bag, just that we looked like we were in control.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I can see an uninspired 27-17 win. I hate the way we play defense. No attack, corners 7-10 yards off the line. I was rooting for the Bengals to win. A winless team has nothing to lose.

StylisticS

Reaction score
ethiostar;2297322 said:
At the end of the first quarter we were up by 7 points and our defense was pressuring the QB just fine. We started to lose it in the 2nd.

Btw, by 'had the game early', i didn't mean to imply we had the game in the bag, just that we looked like we were in control.

And we certainly were and would be if we continued to finish tackles. Drives continued because of the inability to finish tackles. Campbell should have been sacked about 5 times in the first half. But Dallas got to him early. They had 3 bad drives in a row and barely moved the ball before going to score on the next 5 drives.

Boysboy

Reaction score
StylisticS;2297420 said:
And we certainly were and would be if we continued to finish tackles. Drives continued because of the inability to finish tackles. Campbell should have been sacked about 5 times in the first half. But Dallas got to him early. They had 3 bad drives in a row and barely moved the ball before going to score on the next 5 drives.

Give Campbell credit-he certainly looks alot more poised in the pocket under Zorn than he did under Gibbs, which was partly why he was able to elude those sacks.

And besides-even though it was 7-0 Dallas at the end of the 1st qtr, the Skins game plan was going exactly as they wanted to...controlling the LOS.

Randy White

Reaction score
what Crayton:

S T F U...

You keep writting checks your butt can't cash and you've done absolutely NOTHING to be talking that way.

Big Dummy.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Boysboy;2297430 said:
Give Campbell credit-he certainly looks alot more poised in the pocket under Zorn than he did under Gibbs, which was partly why he was able to elude those sacks.

And besides-even though it was 7-0 Dallas at the end of the 1st qtr, the Skins game plan was going exactly as they wanted to...controlling the LOS.

Oh no doubt. Campbell played an incredible game. But I still think that Ware and Ellis missed sacks in the 1st half that should have been finished. It's been a problem so far this season.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is so bad about what Crayton said? It seems like he was just answering a question that was put to him. He didn't guarantee anything and he didn't really say anything bad about the Bengals.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StylisticS;2297511 said:
Oh no doubt. Campbell played an incredible game. But I still think that Ware and Ellis missed sacks in the 1st half that should have been finished. It's been a problem so far this season.

A problem that's driving me crazy. T-New bounced off of Campbell too. We need to go back to the basics of Tackling 101. Other teams destroy the opposing QB. Look at what happens to Romo when our line breaks down. He ends up with 13 stitches. Even when our D sacks the QB successfully, it's pretty soft. I don't want anyone to be injured, but I wish our guys would slam the opposing QB into the ground like other teams do. Our D is not aggressive enough and too inconsistent.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Crayton also agrees with Pacman Jones, who said last night that this team may have needed a reality check and got it.

"They played the Rams, dude............."

Ren

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2297137 said:
Crayton has decides to show up for 1/2 of 1 game and thinks he can run his mouth? Best keep them lips zipped Pat! Last thing you want is a motivated team to come in and possibley upset you.

got forbid someone might be motivated for a game right, that's just unheard off,.. seriously this whole "shhh don't say a word" crap is getting out of hand if you can't get motivated for a NFL game without someone having to talk **** then you should not be in the NFL.
Crayton's words doesn't all of a sudden raise the talent level of their team.

if we lose this game it won't be cause Crayton said something mean to them

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2297142 said:
I can't think of any scenario under which the Bengals beat us.

Play 10 yards off the ball and lets see what CJ and Houshmanzada does to our defense.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2297815 said:
Play 10 yards off the ball and lets see what CJ and Houshmanzada does to our defense.

Housemazilli will eat us alive if we play passively.