FWST Blog: Crayton Told to Tone It Down

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2387356 said:
When the ball is kicked off that stuff is meaningless and many former players will say that stuff is so overrated. Fans get into it player not so much it comes down to doing the job if you execute and do your job you give yourself a chance to win if you don't then you chances are you will lose. Giants talk alot last year yet they have a ring so I don't see where it has any bad effect on them and many members of the 90's Cowboys did a lot of talking. It is only talk and means nothing

Yep. If you don't like a team, it shows up in your play on the field whether they say anything in the press or not. And the benefit one team gets from bulletin board material is largely offset by the benefit you give your team by talking the talk in the first place.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2387080 said:
Crayton Told to Tone It Down

Much to the media's disappointment, Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton has deliberately kept a low profile all week. At the request of a coach and his mother, Crayton has avoided the talking much to cameras, microphones and the evil media for Giants week.

Crayton has had some choice things to say about the Giants last season, and vice versa. Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said last season that Crayton "sucks".

"People told me to tone it down a little this year. Definintley for this game," Crayton said Friday afternoon. "(His mother) was the one who told me to speak my mind. Maybe it was too much for her. She probably got some flak from her friends. ... I took it upon myself to done it down."

Clearly, however, this is a man itching to talk trash.

"If we were playing a little bit better we could do a little bit more chirping," Crayton said. "Right now they are in first place but we haven't played them yet."

Crayton grew up a Cowboys fan, and it used to be the Commanders were the team he loved to hate. The Commanders have been since replaced by the Giants.

"We hate them and they hate us," he said. "It's starting to be like a hate-hate for the Giants. We dislike the Commanders. We hate the Giants. It's a big difference. I hate the Giants, dude. Plain and simple.

"They don't suck. They have some damn good players. We hit Brandon Jacobs enough, he'll tip toe. He doesn't suck, though. He tip toe at 264 (pounds)."

Crayton admits he's had a hard time not talking this week. If the Cowboys win, "Come see me Sunday," he said.

Don't worry. We will.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 01:50 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

The Dallas media is so friendly all the time. Who went after Mark Cuban? You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Don't let the Jessica Simpson 'story' get away.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2387101 said:
I like how he trash-talks Brandon Jacobs, considering that they'll never be on the field at the same time.

Exactly, what a shlup!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Never tell an enemy what you are going to do. While it's not rocket science to anticipate a heavy dose of Jacobs, why tell him he tip toes. Maybe he won't now since someone has called him out on it. Shut up and hope he tip toes thru the tulips. Doubt it matters at all but why say anything like that? You don't hear Witten and Zack saying anything like that now, do you?

notherbob

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything that makes a player look more stupid than running his mouth and then getting beat. Smarter players learn to talk after they win but the really smart players respect their opponents rather than putting them down.

Of course, football players are seldom chosen for their brains.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
notherbob;2387566 said:
I don't think there's anything that makes a player look more stupid than running his mouth and then getting beat. Smarter players learn to talk after they win but the really smart players respect their opponents rather than putting them down.

Of course, football players are seldom chosen for their brains.

You'd think he'd learn. Filling a personality need I guess.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like when Crayton talks trash. Atleast someone is. You just get tired of hearing the same ol' "They're a very good team" comments you always here.

BHendri5

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2387101 said:
I like how he trash-talks Brandon Jacobs, considering that they'll never be on the field at the same time.

Yeah, true, but he spoke the truth about Jacobs, if you hit him he will start tip toeing and then he will find a way to stay on the sidle lines.

Jacobs is a big wimp, he does not like getting hit low, which is part of football especially when tackling big RBs. Whenever Jacobw is constantly hit in the thighs or lower, he does not rush for many yards, then he waits more energy complaining to the refs, and then his frustration comes out of his mouth.

He wants everyone to be an idiot and try to tackle him up high.

Crayton is speaking the truth, I take it that he has played against a lot of big backs like I have and he knows from experience.

Keep talking PC.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I've never understood how talking trashing could have ANYTHING to do with the actual game. Whether he talks trash or not, will not decide this game, it's just another something for people to complain about.

jimmy40

Reaction score
slick325;2387136 said:
I figured that nearly the entire roster probably has the same sentiments. You can tell when Dallas plays the Skins that the emotion and disdain is one-sided. It shows on the field and is part of the reason the Skins have won 5 out of the last 7 against Dallas.
What a lame arse tired excuse.

slick325

Reaction score
jimmy40;2388010 said:
What a lame arse tired excuse.

Not really an excuse at all. One sided "rivalries" do actually exist. I went to the Univ. of Maryland and I view Duke as our chief rival in basketball. The Dukies view UNC as their chief rival and don't have the same disdain or emotion towards the Terps that we as alum or fans have toward Duke.

For whatever reason, I feel the same way about the Skins. The fact that Dallas beat them so many times in a row and have won three SB's since the Skins last won one dropped them on my radar. It isn't hard to believe that the players in that lockerroom feel the same. The guys in Dallas' lockerroom are young guys who grew up watching the 90's Cowboys who had rivalries with the 49ers, Giants (remember Emmitt's game in the Meadowlands), Eagles and Brett Favre's Packers. No where in there were the Skins a factor.

These Giants and Eagles have won the division more times than Dallas and Washington combined in the last 10 years. Thus, as a player that is who I would gun for.

jimmy40

Reaction score
slick325;2388075 said:
Not really an excuse at all. One sided "rivalries" do actually exist. I went to the Univ. of Maryland and I view Duke as our chief rival in basketball. The Dukies view UNC as their chief rival and don't have the same disdain or emotion towards the Terps that we as alum or fans have toward Duke.

For whatever reason, I feel the same way about the Skins. The fact that Dallas beat them so many times in a row and have won three SB's since the Skins last won one dropped them on my radar. It isn't hard to believe that the players in that lockerroom feel the same. The guys in Dallas' lockerroom are young guys who grew up watching the 90's Cowboys who had rivalries with the 49ers, Giants (remember Emmitt's game in the Meadowlands), Eagles and Brett Favre's Packers. No where in there were the Skins a factor.

These Giants and Eagles have won the division more times than Dallas and Washington combined in the last 10 years. Thus, as a player that is who I would gun for.
a lame arse tired excuse, that's all it is. and a cop out.

slick325

Reaction score
jimmy40;2388091 said:
a lame arse tired excuse, that's all it is. and a cop out.

I hear ya. As professionals they should prepare for each game with the same energy and fervor. They get paid to do it. As human beings, I'm sure it's not that easy to be up for every game. Guess that's why only two teams have finished a regular season undefeated and one finished a full season undefeated.

Lame excuse indeed.

Big D

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2388196 said:
Crayton sucks.... keep your foot out of your mouth dweeb and just try and seperate.. Thats all i ask..

You're trippin. Craytons got the best hands on the team. People should look at Garretts play callling with the same critical eye they like to pierce Crayton with.

And as far as Jacobs being called out, if I'm not mistaken did Jacobs not start this by claiming that Crayton sucks?

rynochop

Reaction score
Why come out and talk about the fact that your not talking trash at all? I like the guy but cmon.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton isn't good enough to trash talk - he makes an *** of himself.