FWST Blog: Keith Davis: "I never did anything wrong. I was a victim the whole time."

Jon

Reaction score
Keith Davis speaks from experience

Safety Keith Davis knows from personal experience the scrutiny recently-signed defensive end Tank Johnson is going to endure.

Davis has had a few off-the-field problems before. Last summer, he survived a gun shot wound. And he knows all eyes will be on Johnson.

"I am sure Tank knows all eyes are going to be on him from anything he does," Davis said. "Good or bad, it’s going to be magnified. Mostly the bad because people want to see if he’s going to make the same mistakes. I believe people deserve a second chance. I believe he’s going to do what’s right."

But Davis does not see any similarities between his situation and Johnson's.

"My situation was different. I never did anything wrong. I was a victim the whole time. The guy shot me. I wasn’t bothering anybody," Davis said. "I’ve never been in trouble a day in my life. Just continue to do what you’re doing. Stay out of the light and be the best you can be and I think Tank will do the same thing."

- Mac Engel

http://startelegram.typepad.com/cowboys_corner/2007/09/keith-davis-spe.html

Posted at 02:48 PM | Permalink

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dargonking999;1657958 said:
Because he wants you to get all pissy about it

It's working. :lmao2:

I am so pissed. Shut up Keith Davis !! /gRRrR

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
How much he is talking it would seem he is taking roys starting spot this weekend

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dargonking999;1657958 said:
Because he wants you to get all pissy about it

Sweet!

Thats like my dad used to do when we were driving across country. If my sister or I ask a question he didn't know, he would respond with something like that.

nyc said:
Dad, why do they make the highway signs green?
Dad said:
To make you ask questions.
:mad:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1657940 said:
Why is this guy talking so much this week?
Reporters ask these guys questions every week, its just that guys like Keith Davis are rarely the ones that make print.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JustSayNotoTO;1657940 said:
Why is this guy talking so much this week?

It sounds like reporters are asking him questions because they and people who visit sports boards can't seem to tell the difference between victim and perpetrator.

Reaction score
Jon;1657938 said:

Safety Keith Davis knows from personal experience the scrutiny recently-signed defensive end Tank Johnson is going to endure.

Davis has had a few off-the-field problems before. Last summer, he survived a gun shot wound. And he knows all eyes will be on Johnson.

"I am sure Tank knows all eyes are going to be on him from anything he does," Davis said. "Good or bad, it’s going to be magnified. Mostly the bad because people want to see if he’s going to make the same mistakes. I believe people deserve a second chance. I believe he’s going to do what’s right."

"My situation was different. I never did anything wrong. I was a victim the whole time. The guy shot me. I wasn’t bothering anybody," Davis said. "I’ve never been in trouble a day in my life. Just continue to do what you’re doing. Stay out of the light and be the best you can be and I think Tank will do the same thing."

i think davis has been shot twice. wasn't he a gunshot victim during the offseason when he was a rookie? shot in the leg wasn't it?

once is one thing. twice is something else...

i just don't trust his protestations of innocence

fortdick

Reaction score
Cowboy Bill Watts;1658089 said:
i think davis has been shot twice. wasn't he a gunshot victim during the offseason when he was a rookie? shot in the leg wasn't it?

once is one thing. twice is something else...

i just don't trust his protestations of innocence

Actually, that was one of the incentives that Jerry gave to Tank. Get five sacks and you get to shoot at "Killer" Davis. Tank just couldn't pass it up!

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Jon;1657938 said:

- Mac Engel

Posted at 02:48 PM | Permalink

Gee, I never did anything wrong either, and I've never been shot, let alone two times. If you are in a situation where people have guns, then you are probably running with the wrong crowd.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Didn't he lie to the team about the circumstances of the shooting, including some bogus cover story about a family reunion? The only victim here is the truth.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;1658136 said:
Didn't he lie to the team about the circumstances of the shooting, including some bogus cover story about a family reunion? The only victim here is the truth.

Wait. Don't forget Your Capacity for Rational Thought. Victim two.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I want Keith Davis on my team. He has a future in paramedics. Well versed in pressure points and first aid.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
fortdick;1658098 said:
Actually, that was one of the incentives that Jerry gave to Tank. Get five sacks and you get to shoot at "Killer" Davis. Tank just couldn't pass it up!

:lmao: :lmao2:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1658306 said:
Truth and integrity, both dead by Thursday.

And the week's not even over yet.
Amen, brother. Amen.