FWST Blog: Phllips thinks Adam Jones is staying

Angus

Reaction score
Wade thinks Pacman is staying

The Cowboys are giving Pacman Jones plenty of repetitions and plenty more will now come with the first team with Terence Newman out at least three weeks.
Seems a little odd considering Jones is not a sure thing for the season opener on Sept. 7 at Cleveland. Why take reps away from other guys who you know will be here. But listen to Wade Phillips he believes Pacman has done everything right to be reinstated. The decision is set for Sept. 1.
“The guy came in to all our OTAs and there’s been no problems that I know of and worked with the team and now he’s working all of training camp,” Phillips said. "To me, I am kind of counting on that he will be here for the first game."
- Rick Herrin

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
"To me, I am kind of counting on that he will be here for the first game."

So am I Wade....:)

Evening Angus

Boysboy

Reaction score
Angus;2165639 said:
Wade thinks Pacman is staying

The Cowboys are giving Pacman Jones plenty of repetitions and plenty more will now come with the first team with Terence Newman out at least three weeks.
Seems a little odd considering Jones is not a sure thing for the season opener on Sept. 7 at Cleveland. Why take reps away from other guys who you know will be here. But listen to Wade Phillips he believes Pacman has done everything right to be reinstated. The decision is set for Sept. 1.
“The guy came in to all our OTAs and there’s been no problems that I know of and worked with the team and now he’s working all of training camp,” Phillips said. "To me, I am kind of counting on that he will be here for the first game."
- Rick Herrin

Not that I try to spin around our own injuries, but...

Obviously-Pacman, Jenkins, Scandrack, and Ball need more work.

*shrugs* Maybe Newman's injury happening early in TC(instead of late) isn't that bad of a thing after all...

Rockytop6

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2165707 said:
He'll be ready the million dollar question is will Goodell reinstate him in time for tip off...

I don't know how he can refuse to reinstate him if Pac continues to keep his nose clean and work hard during TC. I know that Goodell hasn't made any promises but the fact he said he would wait unto the start of the season to make his decision implies that if Pac does everything he should and doesn't do anything that he should not do that he would be reinstated.

Goodell would not have any reason or rationale for refusing to reinstate him. It would expose the Commish as having a personal agenda and would certainly tarnish his image as a tough but fair Commish if he didn't reinstate Pac.

I personally didn't want Jerry to sign Pac but now that he has really worked at everything that he was supposed to do, I don't think he was as bad as I thought but is immature and dumb. I really believe he will make a good player (his talent was never in question) but also a good teammate.

I don't think Jerry and Calvin Hill get enough appreciation for the work they do in rehabilitating guys. Look at TO - I couldn't stand the guy and still didn't like him his first year but he has really come on and turns out to be a likeable person.
Look at Tank, everybody talks about what a good humor man and hard worker he is.
Now, Pac has already exceeded my expectations.

NO it isn't because I am a homer. While I am not from Missouri geographically, I am philosophically ( I looked up the spelling because I didn't want to offend the spelling police) from Missouri. By nature I am very positive and trusting but I also reserve judgment until I see evidence of change. I think the atmosphere Jerry creates and the outstanding job Calvin does with these guy deserve recognition.

groo

Reaction score
Rockytop6;2165843 said:
I don't think Jerry and Calvin Hill get enough appreciation for the work they do in rehabilitating guys. Look at TO - I couldn't stand the guy and still didn't like him his first year but he has really come on and turns out to be a likeable person.
Look at Tank, everybody talks about what a good humor man and hard worker he is.
Now, Pac has already exceeded my expectations.
It is a competitive advantage when Jerry and Calvin Hill can turn talented troublemakers into great teammates. Don't know why other teams have not been able to do the same