FWST Blog: Romo Quotes "A" Coach

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo Quotes "A" Coach

Tony Romo today was asked about playing hurt and he had this to say:

"I heard a story a couple of times, you just keep battling, it's like grinding out," Romo said. "I can remember one of the coaches telling us in the past, two boxers go at it, one guy is just going to outlast the other one, one guy is going to decide that, one guy is just going to say that's enough, I'm done, and the other guy just keeps going, realize the other guy is feeling the exact same thing."

The coach who told him that was Bill Parcells. This story is one of his favorites.

As much as Romo or a lot of these guys would like to distance themselves from Parcells, they always seem to unknowingly refer to him.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 03:11 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2504829 said:
Romo Quotes "A" Coach

Tony Romo today was asked about playing hurt and he had this to say:

"I heard a story a couple of times, you just keep battling, it's like grinding out," Romo said. "I can remember one of the coaches telling us in the past, two boxers go at it, one guy is just going to outlast the other one, one guy is going to decide that, one guy is just going to say that's enough, I'm done, and the other guy just keeps going, realize the other guy is feeling the exact same thing."

The coach who told him that was Bill Parcells. This story is one of his favorites.

As much as Romo or a lot of these guys would like to distance themselves from Parcells, they always seem to unknowingly refer to him.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 03:11 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (0)

A. Romo has never tried to distance himself from Parcels. B. I highly doubt he unwittingly referred to him.

superpunk

Reaction score
Idgit;2504842 said:
A. Romo has never tried to distance himself from Parcels. B. I highly doubt he unwittingly referred to him.
Quite.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Idgit;2504842 said:

Written from the "good" press.:D Not the "bad" press.;)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Idgit;2504842 said:

Truth.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Idgit;2504842 said:

:hammer:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If Bill Parcells was not here, Tony Romo never would be where he is today. JJ would not have developed him like Parcells did and gone for next Hutchinson, Henson's etc.

The Parcells Plan works

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Whatever. Whomever. That's still a great analogy, and come at a great time to remember with us heading towards the playoffs and basically needing to win out through January.

Now lets see this same sense rush over the entire team.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2504867 said:
No one will deny the molding of Parcells, his footprint is all over this team.

Well, aside from the whole penalty-every-30-seconds thing :laugh2:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Romo plays the media like an All-Pro. He knows that if he mentions Parcells by name, it's on ESPN 10 minutes later that Romo doesn't like playing for Wade Phillips.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Charlie the Tuna;2505467 said:
Well, aside from the whole penalty-every-30-seconds thing :laugh2:

Uh, Parcells team was just as penalized or moreso than Wade's.

Hence the quote "I don't coach penalties".

cowboyed

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2504867 said:
No one will deny the molding of Parcells, his footprint is all over this team.

If you are the same dude that makes the signature art work on your post I applaud your results. I was one of the critics of the earlier work which was technically well done but emotionally devoid.

The Tom Landry artistic graphic is spectacular. If you are the artist or if you know the provider I really laud this work product and I hope you start marketing it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure Romo has learned a lot from many different coaches in his life including BP.

marchetta

Reaction score
Yeah, BP was always known for using boxing analogies to motivate his football teams.