FWST Blog: Romo wearing autographed helmet

Angus

Reaction score
Romo wearing autographed helmet

Cowboys star quarterback Tony Romo is wearing a helmet with his own autograph right now in practice. It sounds pretty vain, but it's actually a funny little mistake. While signing autographs to the fans along the fence, one of the equipment guys handed him his helmet. He was in such a zone of signing what ever was put in front of him he signed his own helmet.
Trouble is the Sharpie ink is hard to get off the helmet. It's smudged right now and has likely dried.
- Rick Herrin

TD22

Reaction score
1:33 -- My man Michael Ainsworth, the DMN photographer who has produced a ton of outstanding video projects in Oxnard, passes along a funny story. Tony Romo was signing autographs before practice when an equipment manager handed him his helmet. Romo was in a groove, so he grabbed the helmet and signed it, not seeing who handed it to him. They tried to scrub off the signature, but there's a black smudge in front of the star on the left side.

courtesy of DMN blog (Tim MacMahon): http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/

fortdick

Reaction score
Angus;2189272 said:
Romo wearing autographed helmet

Cowboys star quarterback Tony Romo is wearing a helmet with his own autograph right now in practice. It sounds pretty vain, but it's actually a funny little mistake. While signing autographs to the fans along the fence, one of the equipment guys handed him his helmet. He was in such a zone of signing what ever was put in front of him he signed his own helmet.
Trouble is the Sharpie ink is hard to get off the helmet. It's smudged right now and has likely dried.
- Rick Herrin

What a great collector's item that would be. Jerruh's probably getting ready to auction it off.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
By tomorrow, Owens will have a picture of himself on his Helm.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
zrinkill;2189329 said:
By tomorrow, Owens will have a picture of himself on his Helm.

lol... Tomorrow TO will have an IPOD attached to his helmet with all of his greatest catches

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
YoMick;2189337 said:
lol... Tomorrow TO will have an IPOD attached to his helmet with all of his greatest catches

:lmao:

That would be awesome.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
zrinkill;2189341 said:
:lmao:

That would be awesome.

Oh wait... even better... he will have a live feed on the IPOD of the catch he is currently making.... lmao

Ok... I will stop... see what you started :laugh2:

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
Wasn't there a kicker or punter who once played a game wearing a helmet he'd signed, but it was a prank pulled by guys on his team? They'd snuck his helmet out of his locker and handed it to him, saying somebody's kid wanted an autograph, then put it back before he noticed--I think it might have been the Rams.

sago1

Reaction score
I can just see the tshirt now. It will say iAutograph (on the front) and on the back it will "anything". Leave it to everyone's own little mind exactly what that means.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/Cowboys/romo-sig.gif