FWST Blog: Senior Bowl: Day 3 w/pics

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Senior Bowl: Day 3

News of the day: Terrell Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus has no desire to talk about his client possibly being released because he thinks it's a "non-story."

See ya later: The Cowboys coaching staff headed home after watching the morning practice. Wade Phillips still refuses to talk to the media.

Coming back? Rosenhaus said linebacker Zach Thomas is open to re-signing with the Cowboys. You believe him? Not sure Thomas wants to stick around this team anymore.

Play of the day: Sam Houston State QB Rhett Bomar (Grand Prairie) connected on a long TD pass to his former teammate at Oklahoma, Juaquin Iglesias during 7-on-7 drills. Nice pass, nice catch. Bengals coaches have been impressed with Bomar.

Healing well: That would be Marion Barber's little right toe, which he dislocated and never was effective down the stretch. He will be ready for offseason workouts.

No surgery: TE Jason Witten, per agent Jimmy Sexton, did not require any offseason cleanups to his shoulder, ankle or ribs and is set to play in the Pro Bowl.

Tuna and Friends: Spotted Bill Parcells alongside coach Tony Sparano and GM Jeff Ireland at practice. Any fans wish they were still around Valley Ranch?

Bobby Carpenter Jr?: Based on the hair, that would be USC linebacker Clay Matthews. He is the son of the former Browns LB, who was at practice Wednesday along with Hall of Fame guard Bruce Matthews, little Clay's uncle.

Pete Carroll sighting: Since there are like 12 USC players it seems in the
Senior Bowl, Carroll decided to make an appearance.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 06:14 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Wrapping up things in Mobile

[youtube]WqMaOZMM4FU&e[/youtube]

Posted at 06:21 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

TrackBack (0)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wow...two bits about the players and one is about his hair?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Senior Bowl: Day 3

Play of the day: Sam Houston State QB Rhett Bomar (Grand Prairie) connected on a long TD pass to his former teammate at Oklahoma, Juaquin Iglesias during 7-on-7 drills. Nice pass, nice catch. Bengals coaches have been impressed with Bomar.

http://s636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Jan21/tn_HS6X0360copy.jpg

Tuna and Friends: Spotted Bill Parcells alongside coach Tony Sparano and GM Jeff Ireland at practice. Any fans wish they were still around Valley Ranch?

http://s636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Jan21/tn_HS6X0470copy.jpg

Bobby Carpenter Jr?: Based on the hair, that would be USC linebacker Clay Matthews. He is the son of the former Browns LB, who was at practice Wednesday along with Hall of Fame guard Bruce Matthews, little Clay's uncle.

http://s636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Jan21/tn_IMG_0436copy.jpg

Pete Carroll sighting: Since there are like 12 USC players it seems in the Senior Bowl, Carroll decided to make an appearance.

http://s636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Jan21/tn_IMG_0407copy.jpg

Have fun with this one:

http://s636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Jan21/tn_IMG_0353copy.jpg

Other photos at:

http://s636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Jan21/

Enjoy!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Great job, SS. :bow:

If Clay takes after his old man, he could play for us for the next 20 years. :)

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
jesus, Matthews is a tank!

He's going way higher than he's being projected right now.

If Laurinaitis or Mauluaga take a dump in the forty, this guy could go ahead of them both.

ndanger

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2595672 said:

You have to think the young man has plenty of character, whether it be learned or inherited, or a combination of both. His Dad and his Uncle displayed everything you would ever want in a football player and then some.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Sparano dresses ridiculously

his gameday "overcoat" looks like a huge poncho

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ndanger;2595707 said:
You have to think the young man has plenty of character, whether it be learned or inherited, or a combination of both. His Dad and his Uncle displayed everything you would ever want in a football player and then some.
He has a non stop football motor just like his Dad, but I think his old man was a better player.

You know me and pedigree though. I'll take it and smile.

ndanger

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to see Rhett Bomar up close at spring practice and subsequently a couple games during his stint at O.U. It was very obvious the kid had tremendous talent. I got the impression that he was a Q.B. that constantly needed to be reigned in. He has the tools to be sure, but would need a lot of work. I can tell you he is a tough son a of gun. I've seen him take some serious shots and dust himself off and come back and make a big league throw.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ndanger;2595707 said:

We just can't let ourselves be swayed by the Barbie Experience. :eek::

But we have a new coach and some new personnel people now, so I doubt we would.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

He walked on to USC. In his time there, he grew 2 inches, gained 25 pounds and became a starter. With all 3 linebacker spots filled by All-Americans he moved to DE to get on the field. I would be very happy if we drafted him.

ndanger

Reaction score
Hostile;2595714 said:
He has a non stop football motor just like his Dad, but I think his old man was a better player.

I would put much more stock in his pedigree than what Parcells must have put in Carpenters. I was never a believer in Carpenter as a player and was never that impressed with his Dad.I'm just not sure what, if anything, went wrong there. I have always admired and enjoyed watching the Mathews brothers, and fortunately for football fans we were lucky enough to watch them for a really long time.

JPM

Reaction score
irvin4evs;2595676 said:
jesus, Matthews is a tank!

He's going way higher than he's being projected right now.

If Laurinaitis or Mauluaga take a dump in the forty, this guy could go ahead of them both.
Me may pass Laurinaitis, but Mauluaga is the best LB coming out in this years class.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score

ndanger;2595707 said:

Matthews was a great player for the Browns.

If his son is anything like him...the Cowboys would be lucky to get him.

da94_1.JPG

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JPM;2595796 said:
Me may pass Laurinaitis, but Mauluaga is the best LB coming out in this years class.

That would be a mistake.

He's not Carpenter 2.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ireland has been eating himself some twinkies.

As for wanting Sparano back lets see how he does with a first place schedule and we shall see.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

I was saying earlier in the season how I'd love to have him (or was it last year? Now I forgot).

They drafted Carp's replacement after only one year. Well, Spencer has had 2 years and has done LESS then carpenter (IMO), bring in Matthews to play opposite Ware.

xWraithx;2595712 said:
Sparano dresses ridiculously

his gameday "overcoat" looks like a huge poncho

Say goodbye to your man card.

Hostile;2595714 said:

Not being as good as Clay Matthews is nothing to be ashamed of. That dude was one of the greats.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;2595898 said:
I was saying earlier in the season how I'd love to have him (or was it last year? Now I forgot).

They drafted Carp's replacement after only one year. Well, Spencer has had 2 years and has done LESS then carpenter (IMO), bring in Matthews to play opposite Ware.

Say goodbye to your man card.

Not being as good as Clay Matthews is nothing to be ashamed of. That dude was one of the greats.
Matthews is a bit small for OLB. Reports have been good about him, though, and he could fit right in at ILB.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Matthews is NOTHING like Carpenter. Matthews is tough and is all out hustle all game long.

But he's only had one year as a starter, and his frame may not allow him to get much bigger than the 240-245 lbs he is at currently. Also does not have a lot of experience dropping into coverage.

But his upside is huge, plus he is a monster on ST. You can't buy work ethic, heart or toughness though, and he has all that in spades.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BAT;2598055 said:
Matthews is NOTHING like Carpenter. Matthews is tough and is all out hustle all game long.

But he's only had one year as a starter, and his frame may not allow him to get much bigger than the 240-245 lbs he is at currently. Also does not have a lot of experience dropping into coverage.

But his upside is huge, plus he is a monster on ST. You can't buy work ethic, heart or toughness though, and he has all that in spades.

That is exactly what we need, too.

And as many other doubts as I may have about this team, I am strangely confident that we're going to get several players like that this draft. Part of it is that as insignificant as it may seem, all the special teams players we brought in late in the year were just like that. So someone somewhere put a premium on that quality, and the scouts delivered.