FWST Blog: T-Newman Offers His Candor

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2475163 said:
Thats totally wrong. Irvin made Harper change spots, since other times in that game apparently Aikman went to Harper in that same call. But in that play, Irvin was double teamed Again and Harper was the more open WR. Irvin said that few times himself, while laughing about how it back fired on him.

No, it was completely correct. I just said that Aikman was used to seeing Irvin at that spot, but when he went up to the LOS he saw that it was Harper and decided to trust him. Aikman KNEW he was going to Harper PRIOR to the snap on that play....re-watch the interview. I know that Irvin told Harper to change spots....but Aikman himself said that he was going to trust him and go to him prior to the snap.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2475123 said:
So is your complaint with whom Romo threw the ball to, or Romo's accuracy?

If all six passes to Williams were catchable, would you be happy with how often Romo went to Williams?

I didn't say anything about accuracy.

And like I said, I don't care who gets how many passes. It doesn't matter. What does matter is throwing the ball to the guy who is open. Romo missed a few open guys and went elsewhere with the ball.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Romo reads defense very well. It's unrealistic to think that a QB is always going to see open men esp when they're facing a defense like Pittsburg.

If you want to complain about Tony believing he can thread the needle every time then I'll agree. Or that he needs to learn to control his aggressiveness on our end of the field at the end of the game. Or that Tony is still a little too likely to fumble the ball away.

But you can't tell me that all but a few GMs would jump at the chance to get a Tony Romo as their QB despite the fact this is his SECOND full year at QB.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
41gy#;2474969 said:
In my opinion, if Romo throws the ball to Williams with his right hand and not his left, we win. Romo was going to get hit anyway. With his compact, fast release, I think he had a better chance flipping it out there with his right hand. He was laughing afterwards, but it wasn't funny when the field-goal unit came on.

Now, that is just my view of the play. I'm not out there for sure. It's a tough throw across your body, but I think he could have gotten it off. I"ve seen him flip it and cover up before the hit. Williams was open at the start of the play. If he looks over there first, it's an easy TD.

there was no way he would be able to square his body to make that throw...there was no time to do both...

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
I'm gonna offer my candor to NEWMAN, if he sticks to his man instead of looking in the backfeild we win this game. them picking up that 3rd and 14 was a turning point

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2475446 said:
there was no way he would be able to square his body to make that throw...there was no time to do both...

You may very well be right, but that left handed throw wasn't even close. Again, if Romo sees the field better and looks over at Williams earlier, he's wide open.

I think he definately avoided getting killed. That may be a good thing. That one guy could have grabbed or hit his arm. It was tight for sure.

twentytwo

Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2475459 said:
I'm gonna offer my candor to NEWMAN, if he sticks to his man instead of looking in the backfeild we win this game. them picking up that 3rd and 14 was a turning point

And if Newman doesn't leave his man to break up that long pass when we had the Steelers pinned inside their own 10, that too would have been a huge turning point.

That one pass he gave up shouldn't have been enough to allow the Steelers to score 17 points in 7 minutes.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
41gy#;2475507 said:
You may very well be right, but that left handed throw wasn't even close. Again, if Romo sees the field better and looks over at Williams earlier, he's wide open.

I think he definately avoided getting killed. That may be a good thing. That one guy could have grabbed or hit his arm. It was tight for sure.

I don't think he could have made that play unless he carried the ball wrong. He switched to the left arm which is proper. If he had kept it in the right he may have been able to throw a push pass or whatever.

I'd rather he protect the ball. The left handed throw was an attempt to hit Williams. It had a snowball's chance in hell of getting there.

The best pass defense is a rush.

That's for Wade and Brian to remember and not stop what's working.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2475459 said:

Yes. I've stated that Newman got caught peeking, and it was a mistake. However, that play didn't even come close to losing this game.

They didn't even score on that drive. The defense picked Newman up with a game changing goalline stand. The offense and the special teams lost this game.

5 turn overs That is ridiculous, and it has gone on all year.

The Dallas offense scored 13 points, and they (with the special teams) gifted the Steelers 13 points by turning the ball over. The Pittsburgh offense scored 7 points. The other 17 points came on turn overs.

The Dallas defense went into their house and out hit and outplayed the Steelers. They were the best defense on the field.

4th and inches

4th and 2

Nothing.

3 points on one of these drives probably wins the game. Your defense gave up one TD, and your team lost because of 5 turn overs.

Would the Giants have lost that game?

No. They would have played to their defense and played it save.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
jobberone;2475554 said:
I don't think he could have made that play unless he carried the ball wrong. He switched to the left arm which is proper. If he had kept it in the right he may have been able to throw a push pass or whatever.

I'd rather he protect the ball. The left handed throw was an attempt to hit Williams. It had a snowball's chance in hell of getting there.

The best pass defense is a rush.

That's for Wade and Brian to remember and not stop what's working.

You have to remember, Jay Ratlliff was out of that series. There is no excuse for 5 turn overs. That's sloppy football, and good teams will make you pay. The last turn over was the game. The Cowboys might have been better served playing for over time.

Throwing the ball 30 yards down the field on fourth and 2 is on Garrett. Get two yards and three points instead of going for the homerun. 4th and inches and Choice doesn't get the ball. Davis had the push if the RB gets behind him. No points.

Special teams gifting a short field away. What are they doing? They sure can't block anyone.

After the goalline stand, the offense stalls on 3rd and 6 with the wind at their backs. They have to get the punter some more room. The punt team let them start on our 20 after the 15 hopper punt with no Cowboys in sight.

The defense gives up 7 points and one big play, and it isn't enough. All day long, the Steelers were starting on our side of the field.

This loss is on the offense and special teams. The offense blew three chances to put that game away.

You have a good point about Romo and that throw. I just wish he read the field better in that game. I don't know what Witten was doing at the end of that game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2474976 said:
According to STATS, Witten was targeted 10 times yesterday, Owens nine and Williams six.

How else would you divide up 25 passes between those three?

Adam don't let your stats get in the way of their Agenda.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2474952 said:
It must suck to be Roy and see Tony never throw you the ball.

Roy literally gets 3 passes per game and that is it. Complete or not, he doesn't get much more.
your sig is sad but true:laugh1: