FWST Blog: Ware sack streak at 6

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware sack streak at 6

Pro Bowl outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware has a sack in six consecutive games. It will be a tough challenge to extend it this week against Commanders Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels. But Ware has had success against Samuels recording a sack in the last four matchups.

Ware also should have had two sacks against Green Bay. Linebacker Zach Thomas was awarded a sack when Aaron Rodgers ran out of bounds in front of him. Ware was on the one that chased Rodgers out of bounds on the play. The Cowboys appealed to the league to give Ware the sack but were denied.

"I took my ski mask off after that," Thomas said. "Because I stole that one."

Ware is currently tied for 4th in team history with a sack in six consecutive games. Here's the top three....

1. Harvey Martin 11

2. Harvey Martin 9

3. George Andrie 8

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 10:29 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I still wish Ware would develop some more pass rush moves. He lines so far outside some plays that it is easy to push him out of the play. I also wish Ware would be moved around on the line more.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Anthony Spencer needs to step up or he'll soon be compared to Bobby Carpenter.

:D

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
He'll be going up against Jansen on occasion as well, since Heyer is out (last I heard.)

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
he should have some success this week. Campbell has been playing very well the last couple weeks but he does tend to hold the ball a lot longer than he should so Ware will have his opportunities...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2287197 said:
I still wish Ware would develop some more pass rush moves. He lines so far outside some plays that it is easy to push him out of the play. I also wish Ware would be moved around on the line more.

Is this tongue-in-cheek? I can't tell.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I think Ware will keep it going!! He is beast!!

Beware of D-Ware!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Andrie and Cole have been underappreciated IMO. Then again they were playing along side some heavyweights who were also underappreciated as well.

Ware is a beast. I've not seen anyone go that hard every play in awhile.

nathanlt

Reaction score
All Ware needs to do is line up on the other side once or twice to get his sack hack.

He'll get a sack regardless, Samuels is not unbeatable. In fact, he's just good enough that the Skins may trust him to handle Ware one on one, more than 50% of the time. Bad idea... for them.

alby

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to go up by a couple touchdowns, which will force the Foreskins to drop back to pass more often. Offense and defense... it's all connected.