GAC/espn: Drew Pearson talks about dez & roy

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Darnit I can't listen to this at work. Maybe I'll just keep the volume real low. :muttley:

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3473477 said:
Darnit I can't listen to this at work. Maybe I'll just keep the volume real low. :muttley:

Me neither.

Whoever can listen in, please post a recap.

Thanks in advance! :D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
drew: im good; how its going matt,

drew: the rookie should grabbed the pads, but no big deal, even others in past, others have not done so; usually something that blows over, and if a problem policed in lockerroom, while saying no big deal, its a commadre thing, and i wouldnt try to make it a big deal ilke media is doing now

drew: i think its just a reaction, dez i think sees himself alittle different, than other rookies, but on other hand, could have been like a competetive way towards roy williams, but from reports i hear, i think was a spontaneous reaction, and a competive reaction, but when you do that, you leave roy williams hanging out there now, so as a player you have to respect that, from a vets standpoint and not leaving him hanging out like that

drew: well, the biggest thing, you hide their equimpent, make them llate for practice, when i was there, broing their ice, drinks etc, but bob hayes was my idol, and bob annointed me to carry his helmet and get ice for him, so bob made sure no other veteran approach me, but dez with 8 million dollars maybe full of himself a little bit

when butch johnson came in i took him under my wing to show him things, but through compettion for starting job our friendship seperated and formed a wedge between us, so after 8 yrs that friendship deteroated

so i see dez as competing for a starting job, when roy said carry my helmet and shoulder pads and i think dez saw it as a negative thing;

no, its no big deal in locker room, like were all trying to wait for something negative for something to happen to dez, like media wants, so if this is the only negative, and my prediction is that roy williams will be carry dez's shoulder pads helmet and be happy to do it.

i thought dez makeup was geniune, and i saw his actions, and was geniune, i admire him for he has had to overcome with his surroundings and things he went through in growing up to his accolades at ok st and his honors he won, because as a member of the dallas cowboys stuff you do or say, will be broadcast a 100 fold compared to other teams through the media, but now dez he understands he is a member of the cowboys, i could tell that in converstations, even i heard michael tell him that, all he wants is his game production on the field to play, and eventually that will overtake the other stuff that has happened to him, that i told him

i saw him as a positive kid, but like you media guys have said maybe some diva in him, but all great wrs have some of that in them, to deal with issues and football,

ok recap for you zoners, i missed alittle but you get the general idea

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
its always great to hear drew, real nice fellow, i met him once, got his autograph and talked alittle

he took his time out to chat with me,

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3473577 said:
drew: im good; how its going matt,

drew: the rookie should grabbed the pads, but no big deal, even others in past, others have not done so; usually something that blows over, and if a problem policed in lockerroom, while saying no big deal, its a commadre thing, and i wouldnt try to make it a big deal ilke media is doing now

drew: i think its just a reaction, dez i think sees himself alittle different, than other rookies, but on other hand, could have been like a competetive way towards roy williams, but from reports i hear, i think was a spontaneous reaction, and a competive reaction, but when you do that, you leave roy williams hanging out there now, so as a player you have to respect that, from a vets standpoint and not leaving him hanging out like that

drew: well, the biggest thing, you hide their equimpent, make them llate for practice, when i was there, broing their ice, drinks etc, but bob hayes was my idol, and bob annointed me to carry his helmet and get ice for him, so bob made sure no other veteran approach me, but dez with 8 million dollars maybe full of himself a little bit

when butch johnson came in i took him under my wing to show him things, but through compettion for starting job our friendship seperated and formed a wedge between us, so after 8 yrs that friendship deteroated

so i see dez as competing for a starting job, when roy said carry my helmet and shoulder pads and i think dez saw it as a negative thing;
no, its no big deal in locker room, like were all trying to wait for something negative for something to happen to dez, like media wants, so if this is the only negative, and my prediction is that roy williams will be carry dez's shoulder pads helmet and be happy to do it.

i thought dez makeup was geniune, and i saw his actions, and was geniune, i admire him for he has had to overcome with his surroundings and things he went through in growing up to his accolades at ok st and his honors he won, because as a member of the dallas cowboys stuff you do or say, will be broadcast a 100 fold compared to other teams through the media, but now dez he understands he is a member of the cowboys, i could tell that in converstations, even i heard michael tell him that, all he wants is his game production on the field to play, and eventually that will overtake the other stuff that has happened to him, that i told him

i saw him as a positive kid, but like you media guys have said maybe some diva in him, but all great wrs have some of that in them, to deal with issues and football,

ok recap for you zoners, i missed alittle but you get the general idea

Hey cowboyjoe, thanks for the recap.

I like the fact that Dez is competing for a starting job. So if his quest to earn that means he want's no paret of a subordinate image to Roy Williams then so be it. After all, Dez is the future of this team; while Roy Williams is the afterthought.