Gadget RB thing was again nowhere to be found

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Every year we hear about the gadget RB or player thing.

Dunbar, Austin, Pollard.

Its the big craze of camp every year. And we never see it. Lets hope yesterday was not another indication of that

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pollard will be much more than a Gadget back. He will get his chances against Washington.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't know Pollard was a gadget RB. I thought the craze of camp was Pollard was good enough to take over for Zeke

We heard a lot about pollard lining up as a WR, going out on routes, ect...ect….. Didn't see any of that. And with Zeke getting up to speed I would have thought he would have been used more in THS game then going forward. We shall see.

quickccc

Reaction score
as zeke gets re-adjusted back to form, I believe we will see pollard used more and be more involved in plays - maybe even eventually with he and zeke in same backfield, but I also get that they
want the game to gradually come to him, smooth adjustments and even with blitz blocking as we saw olawele in backfield and subbing for zeke instead of pollard.

are some here seem so anxious (gladiator- arena mob hunger ?.. lol) that they want to see ALL of the big fireworks to spark in just one lone game... Geeez. :confused:

sbark

Reaction score
Can't show the entire division, entire league the entire package on opening day....
Can't live on those plays anyway
Football still won lost by lining up, move around some.....but beat the guy in front of you ultimatly

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard will have his day.

I get the feeling this team isn't going to run Zeke into the ground just for the heck of it. He'll probably still get close to 300 carries though.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It is a bit early for this topic imo, but I agree. Running Pollard up the middle vs a stacked box to run out the clock isn't ideal usage of his talent.

quickccc

Reaction score
don't be surprised if eventually we will Pollard wheel routing out down the sideline on a pass , instead of FB olawele. ( remember pollard racing past Jaylon in camp ?)
it will be come - be patient and happy with the 35 points for now. :rolleyes:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dunbar, Austin, Pollard.

Its the big craze of camp every year. And we never see it. Lets hope yesterday was not another indication of that

Of course, until a week ago Pollard was working on being the lead back rather than the change of pace/gadget back. He will probably be worked into other opportunities over time. I still have a hard time figuring out how though, because Zeke isn't going to come out of the game very often, and I doubt Cooper, Gallup or Cobb will lose snaps many snaps to Pollard … I think it will just be an occasional thing even if it does happen.

Loso86

Reaction score

Dunbar, Austin, Pollard.

Didnt need it clearly bro!

InTheZone

Reaction score
Once the team is confident Zeke can carry the load again Pollard will be lucky to get more than 5 carries a game.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
He was open but Dak didn’t put enough air under it.

Honestly if the FB just leaps toward the defender it's pass interference. I think Dak saw the LB with his head turned around and running in full panic mode and just tossed it up there hoping for a PI.