Gallimore’s Weight

blueblood70

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of speculation abort Neville’s weight and if he put on some size during the injury break. I know some of us aren’t as engaged in the off-season and training camp as other but it’s been going around a bit too much for me to not let it be known.

Gallimore’s listed weight on the Cowboys website is NOT indicative of his actual playing weight. In fact, the Cowboys haven’t updated it since his rookie year. The 302lbs they have listed isn’t accurate, and this isn’t the first time that a player’s dimensions were off on the website.

Ever since OTA’s insiders were reporting Gallimore had put on 10+ pounds of muscle this off-season. He was routinely mentioned as the biggest DLineman, camera shots of the position group in practice confirmed this, and when Bohanna was drafted and on the field not a day went by without the insiders and reporters making a joke that Gallimore was indeed the 340 pound guy and not Bo; the “they must have switched jerseys spiel” was alive and well.

Here are some tweets from earlier in camp so y’all see that this weight gain isn’t new and Gallimore is nowhere near the 302 he was his rookie year. They want him to be the disruptive 1T and his exit interview last offseason probably included a plan for that transition. Do we draft Odiggy if we have Gallimore penciled in at 3T? I don’t think so. Here go tweets and reports:

The early reports out of Oxnard are that Gallimore is really looking good. According to multiple reports, Gallimore looks bigger

There were even more during the OTA and TC periods but this should prove the point. The weight gain was in the offseason, not during his injury break.

im trying to figure out your point?

he seemed to wear it well and still can move so what another judge players weight like Daks, LC and others..you all need to take chill pill on weight for pro athletes. they know what their target weight is for the position they play and have trainers and staff to help them maintain it.

i believe this was done on purpose to play more 1T and NT when needed .,he an OSA next to each other is great..seeing our actual starting DL for the first time all year was a site to see and allowed parsons to be LB on the 2nd level and all as unit just dominated..

what's your point , this is an awfully long posts on a mans weight. big dudes on the DT should be big yet be able to move like vince wolfolk.

i also noticed Gregory from last year to this year is bigger added bulk like muscle and it didnt slow him down.seems like last season motivated a lot of players to get in better shape , even zeke who wasn't out of shape but went the extra mile to get even better..

817Gill

Reaction score
im trying to figure out your point?

he seemed to wear it well and still can move so what another judge players weight like Daks, LC and others..you all need to take chill pill on weight for pro athletes. they know what their target weight is for the position they play and have trainers and staff to help them maintain it.

i believe this was done on purpose to play more 1T and NT when needed .,he an OSA next to each other is great..seeing our actual starting DL for the first time all year was a site to see and allowed parsons to be LB on the 2nd level and all as unit just dominated..

what's your point , this is an awfully long posts on a mans weight. big dudes on the DT should be big yet be able to move like vince wolfolk.

i also noticed Gregory from last year to this year is bigger added bulk like muscle and it didnt slow him down.seems like last season motivated a lot of players to get in better shape , even zeke who wasn't out of shape but went the extra mile to get even better..
Uhm I think I illustrated it clearly in the first paragraph but I’ll repeat it. Calm down btw lol no need to be so aggressive.

A lot of people were surprised at Gallimore’s size/weigh and were talking about how much bigger he seemed. The prevailing thought was he put on weight during his injury hiatus, but if you’ve kept up with him since the offseason, you’d know he put on weight before coming into OTA’s/TC.

Not once was the weight in my OP mentioned as negative. Literally not even close to insinuating it once so I have zero clue why you went left like that. Simply just informing people that he worked on gaining muscle to become a stronger presence inside and guessed that he was tabbed with being that disruptive 1T.

The basic point is Gally came in bigger and stronger on his own accord in the offseason, it wasn’t some new recent weight gain related to his time off from injury.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was the best play of the entire game, for me. Pancake, the center and the quarterback

Doomsday101

Reaction score
??? He is an inside DL player who goes up against 300 pounders plus, you better have some size to you if you expect to hold up on the inside. This is not fricken body building it is the NFL where he will face double teams up the middle and some are concerned about his weight? Get out of here with that non sense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Uhm I think I illustrated it clearly in the first paragraph but I’ll repeat it. Calm down btw lol no need to be so aggressive.

A lot of people were surprised at Gallimore’s size/weigh and were talking about how much bigger he seemed. The prevailing thought was he put on weight during his injury hiatus, but if you’ve kept up with him since the offseason, you’d know he put on weight before coming into OTA’s/TC.

Not once was the weight in my OP mentioned as negative. Literally not even close to insinuating it once so I have zero clue why you went left like that. Simply just informing people that he worked on gaining muscle to become a stronger presence inside and guessed that he was tabbed with being that disruptive 1T.

The basic point is Gally came in bigger and stronger on his own accord in the offseason, it wasn’t some new recent weight gain related to his time off from injury.
around here its been negative,.,gets old so easy to assume. But i agree it was done to make him a better 1t nt hybrid..,look bit closer to vince wilfork who was 6'2 325 in his prime.

817Gill

Reaction score
??? He is an inside DL player who goes up against 300 pounders plus, you better have some size to you if you expect to hold up on the inside. This is not fricken body building it is the NFL where he will face double teams up the middle and some are concerned about his weight? Get out of here with that non sense.
??

I think you misunderstood the post lol

Creeper

Reaction score
Are we complaining about his weight? Seems to me he was moving pretty good yesterday.

Aven8

Reaction score
His arms looked freaking huge yesterday. When is the last time a Cowboy DT pushed the Center back into the QB around here folks?

817Gill

Reaction score
Are we complaining about his weight? Seems to me he was moving pretty good yesterday.
Nope just informing that he put on muscle/good weight this offseason and didn’t just pack all that on during his injury recovery.

Saw a lot of messages on the in-game thread and post game threads about his extra muscle and wanted to clear up the fact that it was something he worked to gain in the offseason. Feel like it could pay off in a disruptive 1T as opposed to the 3T we initially penciled him in as.