Gallimore was fined $9,754 for kicking Justin Pugh

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They usually do it Thursday or Friday.

There was a huge slate of fine announcements yesterday. They do them all at the same time.
They have to wait to see how much money they'll need for the ref's the following week. :lmao:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't have a big issue with him doing it if it was a closer game against the team we were gonna lose to sure you can't react that way but he was shoved hard and then leaned on IE they wouldn't let him up off the ground and the dumb Neanderthal offensive lineman didn't realize that gallimore fell into the quarterback he did not hit him low he lost his balance from you know the block from the same guy... It was retaliation you don't shove a grown man and then lean on him so he can't get up and not expect a reaction... The rest should have thrown the flag on both of them gave him a warning and moved on because they both did something wrong there but of course the Cowboys got flagged and they didn't that's just how it goes most games

Creeper

Reaction score
kicking a man in the Johnson that’s wearing a cup is like slapping a guy in the head wearing a helmet.

all show, no go……..merely a bad look
When I played baseball in high school I took a foul tip to the cup as a catcher. I can tell you a cup is not always effective projection. I was on the ground for a few minutes after that incident. I was seeing stars, and I am sure my kids felt it even though they wouldn't be born for another 9 years!

nathanlt

Reaction score
Now, an equal fine goes to Pugh for attacking a player laying on the ground.... right?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Now, an equal fine goes to Pugh for attacking a player laying on the ground.... right?
The league claims they go over game film looking for infractions to fine; clearly they did not look too closely at this incident since Pugh got nothing

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yep. We should bench everyone who gets a penalty.

Also should roll up a newspaper and smack them in the snout.

Seriously though, your suggestion is terrible.
Could you possibly be more absurd than this response?

So essentially your suggestion is to do nothing and allow them to break the rules. I get it, there are times it just happens. But unsportsmanlike penalties, especially after the whistle, like in this case, a message needs to be sent.

Now think about that play at a specific time in the contest and that penalty halts a drive and the team loses because ot it. Or extends a drive by the other team. Just like the running into the kicker penalty during this game today.

There are times when a head coach needs to exerts his authority. People complain about the penalties every week. Perhaps something needs to be done.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Frankly, if I were McCarthy, I would not have him dress for this game. Sends a message and this game will not miss him.

The beginning of a penalty free team is to let them know there will be repercussions if you lose your cool.
Why? Everyone knows Pugh is a dirty player. You can bet the other guys on the DL were happy to see someone take a shot at him.

It would be flat out stupid to get on a guy who got ejected in garbage time. That's a penalty you can take in with a 39 point lead and under a minute left.

Get on a player for a penalty that hurts the club. Not for something like this.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
League should have fined Pugh.

He should have known that Gallimore rarely gets near the QB and does not know how to properly behave when there.

NFL is clearly against the Cowboys.
No, you're just now hearing about it.

conner01

Reaction score
Infraction happened In a game this past Sunday...and the league just now issued the punishment almost a week later?!?!?
They do all fines on the same day. It was released with the other 26 on Thursday I believe.. goggle game day accountability. It’s actually pretty cool to see just how many players get fined every week. 1.2% of plays lead to a fine. It’s millions of dollars over a full season

Motorola

Reaction score
They do all fines on the same day. It was released with the other 26 on Thursday I believe.. goggle game day accountability. It’s actually pretty cool to see just how many players get fined every week. 1.2% of plays lead to a fine. It’s millions of dollars over a full season
Don't know about the fine$ - but Texans LB Denzel Perryman was suspended Tuesday by the league for his infraction the previous Sunday plus having similar violations over his NFL career.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why? Everyone knows Pugh is a dirty player. You can bet the other guys on the DL were happy to see someone take a shot at him.

It would be flat out stupid to get on a guy who got ejected in garbage time. That's a penalty you can take in with a 39 point lead and under a minute left.

Get on a player for a penalty that hurts the club. Not for something like this.
And yet, since Carolina was coming up, this was a perfect time to assert authority and not really hurt the team.

conner01

Reaction score
Don't know about the fine$ - but Texans LB Denzel Perryman was suspended Tuesday by the league for his infraction the previous Sunday plus having similar violations over his NFL career.
I don’t know the formula because they seem odd amounts. But history is a factor in fines and suspension. I was kinda surprised at the number of fines each week myself. I never realized since generally only big fines and obviously the team you watch, you notice. But it’s huge money over the year. Through week 9 there was 23,056 plays with 280 fines or a fine on 1.21% of plays. That’s a lot of money

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And yet, since Carolina was coming up, this was a perfect time to assert authority and not really hurt the team.
Maybe because it would be a stupid message to send?

Hey d-line! Don't you dare take a cheap shot in garbage time when you can give the business to a dirty player!

Teams preach being smart. Gallimore reacted in a situations where it had zero impact on the game outcome -- within a minute left of a blowout? Get a freaking grip.

I want players that are going to mix it up -- especially those who wait until it has no ill effects on our chances to win. Perhaps if you understood the game, you would feel the same.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Maybe because it would be a stupid message to send?

Hey d-line! Don't you dare take a cheap shot in garbage time when you can give the business to a dirty player!

Teams preach being smart. Gallimore reacted in a situations where it had zero impact on the game outcome -- within a minute left of a blowout? Get a freaking grip.

I want players that are going to mix it up -- especially those who wait until it has no ill effects on our chances to win. Perhaps if you understood the game, you would feel the same.
What you want and what is important in a game may be two separate deals.

This is an undisciplined team. So how many penalties does it take losing to the eagles to indicate something needs to happen.

Zero impact in this game versus a loss in another game by Gallimore or another player because they believe this acting out is tolerated will sit real well with fans such as yourself.

Stupid is being undisciplined. Your desire for mixing it up falls in line with undisciplined in this case.

The object is to win, not fulfill your get even fantasy.

I refer to the asthma field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pugh overreacted. Our guy was an idiot for taking the bait.

Neville Gallimore is no Neville Chamberlain.
Neville Chamberlain is one of the biggest idiots in world history.