Gallimore’s Weight

817Gill

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of speculation abort Neville’s weight and if he put on some size during the injury break. I know some of us aren’t as engaged in the off-season and training camp as other but it’s been going around a bit too much for me to not let it be known.

Gallimore’s listed weight on the Cowboys website is NOT indicative of his actual playing weight. In fact, the Cowboys haven’t updated it since his rookie year. The 302lbs they have listed isn’t accurate, and this isn’t the first time that a player’s dimensions were off on the website.

Ever since OTA’s insiders were reporting Gallimore had put on 10+ pounds of muscle this off-season. He was routinely mentioned as the biggest DLineman, camera shots of the position group in practice confirmed this, and when Bohanna was drafted and on the field not a day went by without the insiders and reporters making a joke that Gallimore was indeed the 340 pound guy and not Bo; the “they must have switched jerseys spiel” was alive and well.

Here are some tweets from earlier in camp so y’all see that this weight gain isn’t new and Gallimore is nowhere near the 302 he was his rookie year. They want him to be the disruptive 1T and his exit interview last offseason probably included a plan for that transition. Do we draft Odiggy if we have Gallimore penciled in at 3T? I don’t think so. Here go tweets and reports:

The early reports out of Oxnard are that Gallimore is really looking good. According to multiple reports, Gallimore looks bigger

There were even more during the OTA and TC periods but this should prove the point. The weight gain was in the offseason, not during his injury break.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of speculation abort Neville’s weight and if he put on some size during the injury break.

1Bcf.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He gained weight in the offseason, but I'm not sure that it was with playing 1-tech in mind. From what I've read, he's always been a weight room guy, so I just think he worked hard to put on more muscle to succeed. If that turns him into a 1-tech who can rush the passer, then that's a plus for our team.

I think he was set to be the primary 3-tech because you don't exactly go into the preseason expecting much from a third-round rookie as a starter. It appears based on how we've played the DL that we were counting on Watkins at 1-tech more than I thought when we signed him. However, with Odighizuwa playing well at 3-tech, it does give us the ability to mix it up some. Osa can play the 5 or 3. Gallimore can play the 3 or 1 and Watkins can play all three spots. (Not sure on Hill ... may be playing only the 3.)

Hayseed

Reaction score
Today I nicknamed him THE MOTHERLOAD, but opponents just call him the mother you know what! :D