Gallup - Calf Strain Injury (3-5weeks)

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yes. He's a starter considering how often we planned on putting 3 wideouts in play.

At least we get to figure out now if we have someone else because we can't afford him next year OR we can now afford him because of lost play. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are we concerned?
yes because when all 3 were on t he field together they were uncoverable when Gallup went off i noticed a bit easier time for the cbs to cover in the 2nd half..

he will be missed but ced wilson can cover it for short time Brown and maybe simi comes up some//

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dallas has nothing behind Gallup remotely as good as him, so it has to be a concern. Is it panic time? Not at all. Cedric Wilson can fill in. But if anyone thinks this offense won't miss Gallup, it's time to see an optometrist and psychiatrist.

I think the way to look at it is how the teams they play will now prepare knowing Gallup is not there and what that allows them to do coverage wise with cooper and lamb. A couple of these upcoming teams have some good players in the secondary.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think the way to look at it is how the teams they play will now prepare knowing Gallup is not there and what that allows them to do coverage wise with cooper and lamb. A couple of these upcoming teams have some good players in the secondary.

That's a good angle.

The Cowboys still have more than enough weapons on offense though. If losing Gallup sinks this offense or overtly effects the overall performance at all, then it's absolutely time to move on from every offensive coach. Not because Gallup isn't a good player.

MikeB80

Reaction score
That's a good angle.

The Cowboys still have more than enough weapons on offense though. If losing Gallup sinks this offense or overtly effects the overall performance at all, then it's absolutely time to move on from every offensive coach. Not because Gallup isn't a good player.

Yes but there is a difference between Gallup and Wilson/Brown. Gallup has been the guy that gets the man to man coverage and wins a lot. If brown or wilson can not beat man to man coverage it really could have an effect on how teams defend lamb and cooper.

Of course running the ball would solve this problem right away but Kellen Moore is averse to running the football.

kevm3

Reaction score
It would be great to have him out there, but we can survive. If we can't survive with Lamb and Amari, something is wrong with this team.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Injuries to good players are always concerning. It decreases the talent on the field and makes it a little more difficult to win.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The offense wasn't as good without Gallup out there. Why can't we have nice things?

This is exactly what I said when I saw the thread title. Anytime we have something good it's taken away from us. Best OL in the NFL nope can't have that. One of the best 3 WR groups nope can't have that either. :(

conner01

Reaction score
If we can't survive without our number three, we have many other problems.....Noah! Come on down!
He’s not a number 3 on most any other team
We have good depth and they need reps because Gallup won’t be here next year
But he will be missed

RS12

Reaction score
Hope it doesn't turn into a Moke Trout calf strain.

stinkface

Reaction score
Brown is a better wideout then he gets credit for. That said he doesn't have Gallups speed or quickness.