Gallup for Jamal?

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
What if the Jets were willing to do an Adams for Gallup trade?

Would you be in favor?

I think it could be an interesting deal to look at. I don't think the Cowboys consider it, but I think an offer of Gallup might get the Jets attention.

so they declined a 1st and 3rd last year but yea sure they'll just take gallup.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I don't think you trade Gallup for Adams but I do want Adams bad. He not only upgrades the position 100%, he also upgrades the whole defense significantly. His leadership is what our secondary needs to be a top 5 defensive unit. He brings the wood and challenges all those around him to as well which is what this defense needs. They folded in several games last year and it was embarrassing. I'm tired of getting push around on defense. If we worked out a deal with giving up future drafts and/or $$ or prob both, it would put us in a position to go deep in the playoffs. Just my opinion.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That would be an issue if INT's were the only way you could impact the game on defense.

You could easily pick up the phone and grab a 3rd WR via trade. Probably could get Christian Kirk for a 4th.

That just makes my point even more. People are against this hypothetical trade (that the Jets would laugh at btw) because you'd have to give big $ to Adams.

Yet are ignoring that you have to pay Gallup in two years who will cost as much if not MORE than Adams.
You can easily pick up the phone and give a 6th round pick to Carolina for Tre Boston or just sign Eric Reid.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Sure,,, what's the point again? Really good players don't show up some times. Sometimes it's on them, sometimes it's the defense, the play caller, the QB... You can bet this will happen to CeeDee too.

I was referring to Cobb being one of our stud recievers.

RamziD

Reaction score
What if the Jets were willing to do an Adams for Gallup trade?

Would you be in favor?

I think it could be an interesting deal to look at. I don't think the Cowboys consider it, but I think an offer of Gallup might get the Jets attention.

Nope, would not

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
When you watch him play he is all over the field.

You know he is there, and not because he blew up a coverage.

He makes plays, however you look at it.

Interceptions are like sacks. No one gets a high total, especially when there are others around you to throw at.

All fine. Just saying....if you saw him more youd feel differently. Theres no possible way you could have seen him play very much of you think he isnt an impact player regardless of where he plays.

I am looking, and he doesn't create turnovers. Your looking at everything but that. He's a SS, whoppie do. I'm not giving up a 1,000 yard + deep threat for that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I might listen to that trade but would the Jets, I doubt it they are severely overvaluing Adams..he sure hasn't impacted the jets enough to keep them winning..they been picking top 10 for along time now..;))

so straight up, lets talk, anything more NO

CeeDEE made him tradable.we also picked up some UDFA WRs to fill in

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m all in on Jamal Adams.

But now I’m even more in love with the idea of having three stud WRs terrifying defenses while opening up the run game for Zeke. Plus we have Gallup on a cheap deal for two more years.

I want Adams. And honestly that trade favors us big time. But I don’t wanna do it.
I feel the same way. If it's Gallup and a 2 (which seems more likely), it's still tempting. But I do like Gallup and the thought of those 3 WRs lining up is damn exciting.

If we're gonna go and pay big money for a Safety, maybe we just wait a year when he's a FA. I do want Adams, but the reality is the price of a trade is too high.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
No on the Gallup straight up for Adams. Also, the Jets wouldn't make that trade anyways.
However Pollard and a 2nd and 5th rounder might be worth it. Easier to find backup RB's than the trio of Wr's we are putting together.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
OMG! Yet another Jamal thread. He's NOT going to Dallas. Move on already!

No on the Gallup straight up for Adams. Also, the Jets wouldn't make that trade anyways.
However Pollard and a 2nd and 5th rounder might be worth it. Easier to find backup RB's than the trio of Wr's we are putting together.
:facepalm:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

I like Pollards versatility and speed in this offense with Kellen Mo8re having more experience to fully use that. Only if Adams is a ball hawking safety I trade Pollard, much less throw in a 2nd and a 5th rounder. Look at what those picks got in this draft yesterday. Good haul.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You get two cheap years with Adams too. Jets just exercised their 5th year club option on Adams today, which means he's not a UFA until 2022.
Fifth year option for Adams is $10 million dollars. Gallup will only be making $1 million.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Still well below market value for an all-pro safety.

Below market but still way more expensive than Gallup (who will likely get paid more in free agency than Adams). Also the only reason Adams is even available is because he is disgruntled from not getting a new deal. It doesn't make sense to trade for him and then not pay him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Issue with getting rid of Gallup is you are then stuck with Cooper who can’t seem to show up on the road of games.

Exactly...………..I need Gallup and Lamb for road games when Cooper doesn't feel like playing.

Dam, I cant believe I am actually saying this about a WR we just gave $100 million to, but it is what it is...……..dude dont play road games.