Twitter: Gallup hit 21.5 MPH before catching his TD - the ninth-fastest on-field speed in the NFL this season

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Gallup looks like a long strider to me. That leads to being fast at the top end.

Not so good at cutting quickly and short area quickness.
The only part of that which surprised me was the long speed. I'll take it. Especially after coming off injury.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I like Gallup and believe he's a valuable player in a good group of WR.

That said, speed is so overrated for WR's. Quickness, vision, hands, intelligence, durability, route precision, size & reach are all important too.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I like Gallup and believe he's a valuable player in a good group of WR.

That said, speed is so overrated for WR's. Quickness, vision, hands, intelligence, durability, route precision, size & reach are all important too.
Yeah it is.. but a guy with all those other characteristics AND sub 4.3 speed would just destroy. Kinda like Randy Moss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gallup is fine. If we threw at him as often as CeeDee he would have all-pro numbers.
You wouldn’t have said that prior to last week. You’re living in the moment. The reason he hasn’t been targeted as often as CeeDee is because he hasn’t been getting open. He was clearly struggling, even Jerry admitted it. He’s just now starting to find his form again or at least it appears that way.

Zman5

Reaction score
Gallup is fine. If we threw at him as often as CeeDee he would have all-pro numbers.
He got the most target vs the Chargers and he had the least amount of catches. They tried to get him going but he couldn't do it. His targets have been reduced since. He needs to put in some extra time on the jug machine.

PlayerTgtRecYdsTDLng
Michael Gallup10324011
CeeDee Lamb77117023
Brandin Cooks4436117

ArmChairGM

Reaction score
You wouldn’t have said that prior to last week. You’re living in the moment. The reason he hasn’t been targeted as often as CeeDee is because he hasn’t been getting open. He was clearly struggling, even Jerry admitted it. He’s just now starting to find his form again or at least it appears that way.
I wonder if they're having him run deeper routes now as opposed to shorter ones earlier in the season.

Kind of like fitting a square peg into a round whole earlier.

conner01

Reaction score
And lead the league in drops. Gallup is a nice 3 but he drops too many passes. His whole career he’s had drops. He can make the tough catches and is a master along the sideline but if it’s 3rd and 5 I’d target another reciever myself. Use him more on double moves and down the field where he’s much better.he is consistent in his drop avg around 10%

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah. Which means he's better at the deeper routes than the shorter ones. It's been that way his whole career.
Exactly. Quinn is a master of finding a guys strength and using that. You have to do the same with gallup

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wonder if they're having him run deeper routes now as opposed to shorter ones earlier in the season.

Kind of like fitting a square peg into a round whole earlier.
We’re definitely taking more shots down the field than we did earlier in the season. We saw a lot of underneath stuff the first few games. Gallop has always been a good deep threat. Everyone is running deeper routes.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Yeah. Which means he's better at the deeper routes than the shorter ones. It's been that way his whole career.
If you saw Dallas game Highlights in Gallup's rookie year, you would have seen HUGE separation on many his "9" routes. Unfortunately Dak missed him nearly every time.

He was so open many times that they actually showed it as a game highlight.

The only one I remember Dak hit him in 2018 on was a nice stutter and go.

I dont think Dak will miss him now, but can he still get that separation?? 21.5 mph says maybe??

With that said, lets not send him to the bench yet, he may still have some big plays in him.

CWR

Reaction score
I've defended the guy for the better part of two years.

It figures he'd show up as soon as I completely gave up on him. I'll take it anyway. Hopefully there's more to come.