Gallup Improvement 2019 = Amari Cooper Trade 2018

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That's good then, making sure and no I don't follow all your posts, I responded to this one.

I really wouldn't expect you to, to be honest. There are way too many posters here to keep up with everyone, no doubt about that.

I started to say "what, you don't keep up with all my posts? Well, I never!" I thought I'd try to put forth a humble image, though! ;)

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
The development Gallup showed yesterday, playing in the new Kellen Moore offense, is going to add to this year's offense what the Amari Cooper trade added last year.

Discuss.

Yes and the addition of Cobb plus another year for Jarwin and the return of Witten.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I did see on the deep ball down the sideline Gallup ran it and allowed a good cushion between him and the sideline that gave Dak more room to throw it without taking the WR out of bounds. This was commented on last season where Gallup gave little to no cushion on those throws. Minor thing that makes a big difference

You could see that with Dak's misses on his scatter chart too. Within a couple of yards of both sidelines, he was something like 0-8.

I'd note that Olawale gave Dak a huge cushion along the sideline, and if Dak had thrown it to his outside shoulder instead of inside shoulder, the defender had no chance. The offense still has room to grow.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The way Gallup blew up yesterday, it was hard to tell who our WR1 was.

See which guy the other team is doubling more often. Bet it was Cooper. WRs are always tricky to evaluate because their performance is very much about how they are perceived by everyone relative to other receivers on the field.

Terrance actually had great per target numbers. But that was probably mostly due to him usually being the 4th threat on the field. Seems like the rest of the league was clearer on that fact than the Cowboys.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You could see that with Dak's misses on his scatter chart too. Within a couple of yards of both sidelines, he was something like 0-8.

I'd note that Olawale gave Dak a huge cushion along the sideline, and if Dak had thrown it to his outside shoulder instead of inside shoulder, the defender had no chance. The offense still has room to grow.

Let see he was 25 of 32 so that is 7 incomplete passes. Cooper dropped one late on a slant and Zeke had one go right between his hands so that is 2 incomplete that were on the receiver. Dak wheel rout to Olawale was a bit off but by and large if my QB is completing passes at a 78% rate including down the middle and puts up 4 TD I don't really think I have much to complain about. But that is me, most would consider his outing as very successful day.

Jipper

Reaction score
STOP... people need to understand you need weaponS. As in PLURAL... I love Gallup but he's not the focal point of the defense. NE is loaded and just added another mouth. A really big mouth to feed.

yeah, NE may have just assembled the best offesne in the history of the nfl....literally brady to demarious thomas, julian edleman, josh gordon and antonio brown sounds like the probowl lineup from a couple years ago....its insane.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We still need to show we can dominant in the run game (offense and defense) if we wanna beat teams in the cold in the playoffs. Run game on both sides was pretty weak yesterday.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Let see he was 25 of 32 so that is 7 incomplete passes. Cooper dropped one late on a slant and Zeke had one go right between his hands so that is 2 incomplete that were on the receiver. Dak wheel rout to Olawale was a bit off but by and large if my QB is completing passes at a 78% rate including down the middle and puts up 4 TD I don't really think I have much to complain about. But that is me, most would consider his outing as very successful day.

Obviously Sunday was a fantastic success for Dak. With the misses on the scatter chart, I was referring to last year.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
The trade for Cooper allowed Gallup to be a true No2 and not have the oppositions best DB covering him.
He’s developed really quickly and we’ve now got an outstanding WR corp.

Proof

Reaction score
STOP... people need to understand you need weaponS. As in PLURAL... I love Gallup but he's not the focal point of the defense. NE is loaded and just added another mouth. A really big mouth to feed.

what does that have to do with this thread. OP suggested that Gallup’s improvement may provide the same boost to the team this year as Amaris arrival last year.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
There's nothing like having 2 number 1's! It's a great situation we find ourselves in at WR this year.

Gallup has number 1-level talent.

Throw in Cobb, Witten, Jarwin.

I still am kind of pinching myself.

I"m so glad all the talk about Zeke's contract is done.

I'm also glad we came out and established that in spite of having Zeke we are a passing team first.