Gallup versus Cooper

khiladi

Reaction score
We have 3 great WRs. I don't see the problem. Who cares who's better? Teams can't guard all 3. My biggest concern is that we won't be able to keep all 3 and we'll waste our opportunity to take advantage of the best WR corps in the NFL. Just look what happened at OL. We had 3 elite OL and now we have 1 and a bunch of nobodies. Good things don't last forever. Take advantage of it while you can.

I agree, we got a sick trio of WRs.

khiladi

Reaction score
When he wants too. His rounded off lazy in route he ran 2 weeks ago sucked and it resulted in a pick. But when he wants to run a route, he is the best.

That was Dak staring down his WR, allowing 2 DBs to get inner position and not allow Cooper anywhere to go. Dak did the same thing on his TD throw to him and it almost got picked as well.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Not sure what was up with Coop. Maybe he is injured (again). We seen a lot of Cedric Wilson and Noah Brown. I kind of like Cedric Wilson. He looks explosive. I think this is Cedric Wilson and Gallup last year. Gallup may leave and get paid. We can't afford to have so much money tied up in the WR position. We need to spend some money on defensive help next offseason. Our defense is bad bad. I mean the giants very very bad offense put up 27 points on us.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Gallup vs Cooper ain't a thing. They are team mates.

There are a few threads around the topic of which of our three top performing WR's we can do without. Why? Keep all three and have the best receiving corps in the NFL. Some of you think having an area of strength is a problem.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
That was Dak staring down his WR, allowing 2 DBs to get inner position and not allow Cooper anywhere to go. Dak did the same thing on his TD throw to him and it almost got picked as well.
Nope. Watch that play again. ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** did a short video on it after the game. I believe it was the Seattle game. I do see too many players loafing all over this team. That to me is a big deal.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
A Giving the money Cooper’s contract to him is just dumb at this stage and it’s pretty much the Dak-stans, when they need to look for another scapegoat, they come up with Cooper..

With our three WRs and running game to boot, this is a QBs dream.

Almost had a good post. Couldn't help yourself, though. Keep trying.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn’t.. Cooper is arguably the best route runner in the NFL. Teams game-plan for him. When the Colts doubled him two years back, they completely shut us out. No team doubles Gallup.

I’m not saying he’s not a beast, he’s great at what he does, he’s got legit speed, but he hasn’t demonstrated any versatility and he’s getting significant advantages for himself schematically because of what the defenses have to defend.
first off that was true Gallups gotten better since that colts game and AC barely played Sunday , i promise Gallup will start to get doubled more when AC is out..he reminds me of Dez right now, can make the tough contested catches and has passion.. no one thinks hes better then or can replace AC as of now but he sure played well with AC basically on the bench's..i mean how many snaps did AC get? he had one great catch but seemed to be out of the game for most of it anyway..

you do realize players can improve and gallup came in and played well but is a lot better now then he even was last year..hes made the proverbial jump from a #2 to a reliable #1..
ac issues are injury and what we saw with him not finishing 2 routes that cost us against the browns and disappears at times, well that makes him target with fans and sometimes player like Gallup can take snaps away from him, coaches have taken notice..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Great catch and tell me why that wasn't a PI call on top of it.
definitely draped all over his hip with the ball in the air..no call as usaul..im sure Gallup wasn't happy with his OPI in the rams game on huge play was so ticky tack and this was blatant PI not called..

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I believe we can cut Cooper after next season with no cap hit. That time line lines up with Gallup's contract. I wouldn't be surprised if after 2021 Cooper is cut and we go forward with Gallup and Lamb.
It’s a cap hit. Jsut not much. Like 6 million. Similar with Zeke, Collins and JSmith.

it’s DLaw who can’t be cut anytime soon with huge ramifications to the salary cap. We’re stuck with him For better or worst.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He had his chance twice. Before the Cooper trade he couldn't be a number one. when Cooper was out last year he didn't take advantage. Don't make him out to be more than he is, a good no.2. It's amazing how dumb some people can be. Critical thinking seems to be a gift a handful of us have. Cooper draws the best corner every week and still puts up the same or better numbers. The only other receiver on this team with no. 1 recover talent is Lamb.

You don't know how happy I am that you are one of a few critical thinkers on the planet.

Or perhaps you do know....

Ego much? :lmao2:

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallup does not have near the slot ability that Cooper has, as Coop is such an exceptionally smooth in-out of breaks route runner
but Gallup is more of an effective go -fly guy because he can somehow battling off the CB for some amazing close quarters catches even with the CB draping all over him, even if its very little separation he manages to come up with those type big plays.

- Cowboys seem to make it a priority to go to Cooper early in games to get him more quickly involved and engaged in the
game, as he tends to get frustrated and fade if he feels things not going his way. But that also takes away Gallup early on
and some plays that he could have been .

- i used to think it's was more of two the read progressions takes to the QB but when it's a trend that Gallup
not heard much at all, early on before winding moments of the 2nd half or 4th quarter before we finally go to him.

Proof

Reaction score
cooper is a waste

I'm not saying he's not,I'm just saying there's alot times you forget he's even playing.

if you forget he's playing i don't know what to tell you lol. you must forget gallup is on the team period. Yes, he only had 2 catches on Sunday, but still has 39 on the season. Gallup has had 2 games w/ 2 catches, another with 3 and another with 4. He's got 17 total catches (compared again to Amari's 39) on the season. You guys just don't appreciate all that Amari does. It's a shame

Proof

Reaction score
That’s just personality. He’s just not in your face, never has been. Dez is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Now that I think about it, I don’t even remember Cooper really celebrating his TDs.

i think one time i saw him shoot the ball like a free throw. other than that he puts the ball down like a briefcase after a long day, and goes upstairs to relax lmao

Proof

Reaction score
My man, these fans are some ungrateful mofos. Don't they know how hard Cooper has to work to get open for Dak. And like you said, Cooper is entitled to Not get his head taken off going all out for a Dak pass. At the end of the game Dalton put the ball right where it needed to be for Cooper to get the 1st.

I for 1 know that CD is shinning because he is in the slot . same reason Shultz is getting forced fed. I also know the value of Cooper to Dak.

But that will all change and the man receiving a target will be determined by the allignmentof the defense. Whereas Cooper is a nesecity for Dak to shine. Gallup is a number 1 with a legit QB. Dalton may be good enough. Light years better then Dak in hitting the routes Gallup runs.

lol bruh. you gotta chill with this nonsense. someone may read this and think you know what you're talking about.

khiladi

Reaction score
first off that was true Gallups gotten better since that colts game and AC barely played Sunday , i promise Gallup will start to get doubled more when AC is out..he reminds me of Dez right now, can make the tough contested catches and has passion.. no one thinks hes better then or can replace AC as of now but he sure played well with AC basically on the bench's..i mean how many snaps did AC get? he had one great catch but seemed to be out of the game for most of it anyway..

you do realize players can improve and gallup came in and played well but is a lot better now then he even was last year..hes made the proverbial jump from a #2 to a reliable #1..
ac issues are injury and what we saw with him not finishing 2 routes that cost us against the browns and disappears at times, well that makes him target with fans and sometimes player like Gallup can take snaps away from him, coaches have taken notice..

No, Dak staring down WRs that allowed two DBs to get complete inside position on Cooper caused as to lose. The same route he almost got picked off in earlier in the first half. Gallup hasn’t shown any ability yet to come close to Cooper or command attention like him. You don’t say, get rid of Cooper and give that to Gallup. If you want to save money, that’s fine, but on no planet has Gallup demonstrated any ability to play in the level of Cooper to take his spot.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nope. Watch that play again. ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** did a short video on it after the game. I believe it was the Seattle game. I do see too many players loafing all over this team. That to me is a big deal.

Nope, watch that same throw by Dak staring down Cooper when Cooper caught as a TD. The DB was a split second too late and took a bad angle. Like Shannon Sharpe pointed it. It was also play-action and DBs and LBs were jumping Dak’s routes all game, as he pretty much ran play-action and threw to his first progression staring him down. It was the same on the route where CeeDee Lamb caught the ball deflected in the air by the LB who had it completely in his hands, but just let it go through.