Gallup, Woods, Crawford out

JBond

Reaction score
The one I worry about out of that group is Gallop. The other 2 are very replaceable.
Any chance some are underestimating the value of Crawford? He plays his assignments well. Not a splash big play guy. Solid

glimmerman

Reaction score
At some point Austin will start contributing more than what he has. He is a Kellen Moore guy.

I believe Moore will at some point use him the way the Rams uses cook.

I believe the depth at the position is why Moore doesn't go full throttle with Austin. Even when he isn't injury.
I hope so, his speed will make big problems for teams...

Techsass

Reaction score
Cooper
Cobb
Smith
Austin
Witten
Jarwin
Zeke
Pollard

There are more than enough weapons for Moore to be creative with.

We will be fine. The only way Dallas loses this game is by shooting themselves in the foot.
Not bad for a run first team. Zeke & our Oline demand a lot of attention, so they'll still need to crowd the box.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any chance some are underestimating the value of Crawford? He plays his assignments well. Not a splash big play guy. Solid

No, no chance of that.

More like fans once again trying to shine ****.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Turf toe ruined Deion in Dallas.

They called it turf toe but it was not the typical turf toe type injury.

Also he had surgeries on both his big toe and the one next to it.

He made it worse by continuing to play on it before getting surgery.

"The surgery was performed to explore and repair what Dr. (William) Hamilton described as a `rare and unusual variation of turf toe,"' Jones said in a release from Cowboys headquarters.

"The doctor has informed us that it is very difficult to compare Deion's condition to that of any other athlete."

Iago33

Reaction score
They called it turf toe but it was not the typical turf toe type injury.

He made it worse by continuing to play on it before getting surgery.

"The surgery was performed to explore and repair what Dr. (William) Hamilton described as a `rare and unusual variation of turf toe,"' Jones said in a release from Cowboys headquarters.

"The doctor has informed us that it is very difficult to compare Deion's condition to that of any other athlete."
Bottom line: toe injuries can be serious.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2:23 p.m. – Wide receiver Michael Gallup (knee) and defensive linemen Antwaun Woods (knee) and Tyrone Crawford (hip) are officially ruled out of Sunday’s game against the Saints.

Two DTs out. Bad news against a team with an oline that can run block. I still think we win, but DT is a problem.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anyway, what's up with TyCraw? He sat out TC n preseason. Whooped arse in the Spring. Now his hip is acting up...sheesh. Welp, best thing is #98 won't be starting at RE...ugh:cool:

They kept him even knowing he had been dealing with bursitis in his other hip last season. Crawford is definitely a guy we'll be cutting a year too late, and not a year too early.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Crawford and Woods hurt some but I dont view them as game changers. The biggest downer about either of these two guys being out is that the other is as well so there's a depth issue.

Having two of the DTs we depend on out is potentially a game changer. Beside S, DT is where we were weak on defense *before* injuries.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw the point in our need for pass rush at DT, but with chronic hip bursitis and hip surgery, I don't see any excuse for it. We had to move on.

He's been pitiful at DT. He's below NFL average no matter where you put him.......plus the injuries.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hopefully, Gallup is back soon, Devin Smith has offered nothing the last 2 games.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Dallas Frailboys. Every time there is a big game that is a dogfight and physical, it seems like half the lineup gets hurt. It's like this team is only conditioned for easy situations. Ididn't see any Saints players get hurt