Game 1 could kick off nice season!

Champsheart

Reaction score
Game 1 vs. San Diego no doubt will be a tough game.

If we can find a way to win this game though it could really begin to build confidence in the Organization.

I do not like looking to far ahead, but if we start 1-0, next we play the Commanders at home on Monday Night, then a trip to San Francisco.

Win game 1, and I see a very legitimate shot at starting 3-0.

Game 4 vs. Oakland is very winable.
Game 5 Philly comes to town, and we could be riding high.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
it seems like forever since we've won the first game of the season. i think it is important to get out to a quick start. wouldn't it be sweet to meet philadelphia with both of us undefeated and then stomp 'em in the ground.

Champsheart

Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
it seems like forever since we've won the first game of the season. i think it is important to get out to a quick start. wouldn't it be sweet to meet philadelphia with both of us undefeated and then stomp 'em in the ground.

Yhea that would be nice.

I would rather though we where 4-0, and they where 0-4, and we stomp them in the ground.

Screw the E-Girls

CantonBound08

Reaction score
Champsheart said:

If we can find a way to win this game though it could really begin to build confidence in the Organization.

I do not like looking to far ahead, but if we start 1-0, next we play the Commanders at home on Monday Night, then a trip to San Francisco.

I like the optimism! We better have that 3-4 down pat, or Ladanian Tomlinson is liable to have a great game.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
We havent won since 1999 (from another thread) i think it's high time we get a chance to be one of the unbeaten teams in the league

NorTex

Reaction score
I expect us to win game 1 against San Diego by a score of 31-20.

It won't be as easy as the score indicates. A couple of turnovers, in our favor, will help us win the game.

At last, our defense will show up in the 4th quarter and dominate when the game is on the line.

Our Drew will play like a Pro-Bowler! Julius will outshine LT! And Witten will show Gates who the best TE is.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
I expect us to win game 1 against San Diego by a score of 31-20.

It won't be as easy as the score indicates. A couple of turnovers, in our favor, will help us win the game.

At last, our defense will show up in the 4th quarter and dominate when the game is on the line.

Our Drew will play like a Pro-Bowler! Julius will outshine LT! And Witten will show Gates who the best TE is.

Well if all goes like that i will be very happy, but hey you never know TC still hasnt to get finshed you know :cool: ;)

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Champsheart said:

LETS ROCK N' ROLL COWBOYS C'MON... I HAVE A GOOD FEELING BOUT THIS SEASON...

RodBro

Reaction score
I'm afraid LT is gonna tear this 3-4 defense a new one. If we were in the 4-3 I'd say differently with Ellis, Glover, Fergerson, and Spears on the line but we will see.

NorTex

Reaction score
My friend, I think you're forgetting that we have Roy Williams. Bring him in the box and there is no running game!

Essentially that gives us 5 linebackers. Okay, maybe you can gain a yard or two if we don't run blitz.

RodBro

Reaction score
You didn't forget about Gates did you? I'm almost positive they will have Gates forcing Roy to be honest. Keep Gates working the seams on Roy's side versus our LB's, after a few series of that Roy will be out of the box. We don't have a LB capable of stopping Gates one on one. If the front seven can't stop LT we're in trouble, big trouble.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
My fear with the first game is simple.

The Chargers are a team coming off a playoff berth, and we'll be a team playing our first game with a new starting quarterback and defensive scheme. I don't think the Chargers are unbeatable by any means, but they're a very respectable ball club and it will be a test for us given our circumstances.

Someone mentioned this a few days ago though, and I agree -- that Sean Payton, for the past two years, has put together excellent offensive game plans over the course of the first five or six weeks. Hopefully that will continue this year.

Defensively, the main test will just be how quickly the players gel and feel comfortable in the new system. If there's only a few leaks, we can prevail. But if players are messing up left and right because they're unsure of what they're doing, it could be difficult.

I'm hoping our secondary will really keep us in the game on the defensive end. San Diego's receivers aren't that great, though stopping Gates will be a concern. But if our secondary can at least do unlike years past and prevent the killer touchdown pass from happening, it may help us concentrate more on stopping Tomlinson.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Dale said:
My fear with the first game is simple.

The Chargers are a team coming off a playoff berth, and we'll be a team playing our first game with a new starting quarterback and defensive scheme. I don't think the Chargers are unbeatable by any means, but they're a very respectable ball club and it will be a test for us given our circumstances.

Someone mentioned this a few days ago though, and I agree -- that Sean Payton, for the past two years, has put together excellent offensive game plans over the course of the first five or six weeks. Hopefully that will continue this year.

Defensively, the main test will just be how quickly the players gel and feel comfortable in the new system. If there's only a few leaks, we can prevail. But if players are messing up left and right because they're unsure of what they're doing, it could be difficult.

I'm hoping our secondary will really keep us in the game on the defensive end. San Diego's receivers aren't that great, though stopping Gates will be a concern. But if our secondary can at least do unlike years past and prevent the killer touchdown pass from happening, it may help us concentrate more on stopping Tomlinson.

I agree.

I think that Tomlinson will have a good game against us because it will take some time to Gel. The difference between him having a good game or a great game against us will depend on how well we gel IMO. I also think this will be a chance for our offense, and specifically Julius running behind our O-line, to show us what they are made of. I'm expecting some defensive lapses, but the key to the game will be how well our offense plays.