Game Balls and the Kangaroo Court

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Game Balls:

Tony Romo for weathering the storm and toughing it out rather than subjecting us to even one series of Brad Johnson against that NY pass rush. He was still far from accurate with all his throws and far from his pre-injury self, but a very nice comeback performance after the meltdown in Pittsburg.

Tashard Choice, not just for scoring on that TD run, which showed great vision and one very important cut, but also making big plays in the passing game...this kid is going to draw some safety attention eventually, and that will only help the TE's even more. What I love most about the kid is this: other than his occasional stumble, this kid absolutely makes the most of every run...he bobs, weaves, jukes, cuts, but he always knows when the end of the line has come, gets his head down and gets every last yard from every carry. He's not a pro-bowl running back yet, but he does NOT leave yards on the field...you have to love that.

DeMarcus Ware,...why waste my words...pass rushing phenom without being a run liability...only Ed Reed or Troy Palamalu stand a chance of winning the DPOY over him.

Terence Newman, Orlando Scandrick, Ken Hamlin: All three of these guys were superb in coverage last night...Newman blanketed his receiver, made a great INT and cleaned up at garbage time, not to mention throwing some serious wood last night. Scandrick continues to impress as a guy who blankets receivers and makes sure tackles (Eli completed a couple of truly incredible passes against him when he was all over the receiver and playing the ball), and Hamlin really showed up last night in coverage, knocking the ball loose on one deep ball when the CBs got a little lost.

Everyone else on defense for really staying with their responsibilities, getting off blocks, and shutting down the running game.

Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett for finally calling a good game simultaneously.

Honorable Mention: Punter and Kicker and their coverage teams, but they only get a compliment, not an actual ball...they did what they get paid to do and really shouldn't mess up.

Guys who owe some fines to the kangaroo locker-room court:

Cory Proctor...Man, he really sucked first half...did a better job in second half or either we helped him on every play.

Leonard Davis, Without watching the game a second time, this had to be his worst game of the year...when Gurode left to help Proctor, Davis got used on numerous plays by the DT...he really had his head up his rear on Sunday...at least we know he can do better.

Andre Gurode...should have received a game ball, but he almost finished off our QB with a brain dead shotgun snap on the wrong count, costing us a safety that could easily have been a TD...that one play alone is a huge fine and no game ball.

Idiot referees, who inexplicably called the interference on Newman on the long pass that let NY out of the shadow of their endzone...ridiculous call....the penalty on Witten for a good block in the backfield....and others....this has been, imo, the worst year of refereeing I've ever seen across the league.

Hot Hoagie Sandwiches and a Cold Beer:

For the fans who, though frustrated with individual performances, coaching blunders, and incredibly sickening performances, while calling out the guilty performances, never gave up on the Cowboys and never gave up on the season while the team still had time to right the ship.

For that, I hope you are rewarded with a successful trip to the playoffs. The guys on the team who battled and changed their stripes in season (incredibly difficult to do) and the fans who stuck with them deserve it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Lmao...you and Wade have very different views of Proctor's performance last night.

...and I think Harrison would have something to say about your DPOY list.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Proctor was piss poor the entire game, IMO. I mean I know he wasn't horrible every play, or anything like that, but he was horrible enough on enough plays that he just stunk it up.

Everson24

Reaction score
Tashard Choice is the perfect Bill Parcells type of running back. He doesn't leave yards on the field. This is what Bill thought Julius Jones could be.
Kind of reminds you of Curtis Martin.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tomson75;2496576 said:
Lmao...you and Wade have very different views of Proctor's performance last night.

...and I think Harrison would have something to say about your DPOY list.

Assuming Ware finishes strong and has 20+ sacks, it's hard to imagine someone else who plays the same position winning the award over him. I could easily see one of the safeties taking it, though.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
jimnabby;2496687 said:
Assuming Ware finishes strong and has 20+ sacks, it's hard to imagine someone else who plays the same position winning the award over him. I could easily see one of the safeties taking it, though.

I agree. Ware is most definitely in the running...more so than any safety IMO, but to ignore Harrison is folly to an extreme. He's been outstanding this year.

seniorette

Reaction score
meltdown in Pittsburg.

He didn't "Melt down" in Pittsburg. He was frozen to the bone!!!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
An observation on Tashard (who had a great game). His running style is pretty raw. he ambles. Never pretty to watch but he gets the job done and has the heart of a lion. Love this guy for what he'll contribute next year. Talk about depth!!!

Love Scandrick. And I love his excitable nature. He's got swagger and barring injury will one day be among the elite of the NFL.

Love these two rooks.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
It was good to see a few screens called....that actually worked. :)