ware
hamlin
ratliff
newman
terrell
folk

jrumann59

Reaction score
RW had a good game and did what he was supposed to do in man to man with shockey.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
jrumann59;1759034 said:
RW had a good game and did what he was supposed to do in man to man with shockey.

I agree...and he put a pretty good lick on Jacobs too.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;1759330 said:
Yes, I think he is. Did you expect CB play out of a safety?
is this the new Roy excuse:rolleyes: look at my name, i'm a big Roy fan but he is the weakest point of our defense.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
When anyone can name a safety we would not love to get Witten or T.O. one on one with ...... then I will concede that Roy should be able to cover Shocky or Burress.

Reaction score
I would love to see Sean Taylor on the outside with Jason Witten next week. Witten would kill Taylor. But anyway everybody gets game balls. That was just a beautiful team effort in a big game. First time we swept these losers since 03.

jrumann59

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1759200 said:
are you serious?

So you would have preferred to have RW on shockey in tight man to man maybe even bump and run and watch shockey torch him. We all know the RW is a liability in coverage, you put him in a position where he can make a play, in this case let shockey catch it and tackle him. The one TD was a great throw that even Primetime would have been victimized on. Goood coverage isn't pitching a shut out it is containing the guy you are supposed to cover. Trust me other teams aren't trying to shut out TO they are probably saying make sure you tackle him before he starts running. I would rather RW keep shockey in front of him then have him trying to chase him down when the ball is in the air.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Jeremy Shocky had the best night of his career...Roy Williams was covering him...stop defending Roy.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jrumann59;1759540 said:
So you would have preferred to have RW on shockey in tight man to man maybe even bump and run and watch shockey torch him. We all know the RW is a liability in coverage, you put him in a position where he can make a play, in this case let shockey catch it and tackle him. The one TD was a great throw that even Primetime would have been victimized on. Goood coverage isn't pitching a shut out it is containing the guy you are supposed to cover. Trust me other teams aren't trying to shut out TO they are probably saying make sure you tackle him before he starts running. I would rather RW keep shockey in front of him then have him trying to chase him down when the ball is in the air.
i agree he did do what he was supposed to do (keep shockey in front of him) but to say he had a good game is being generous

jrumann59

Reaction score
utrunner07;1759551 said:
Jeremy Shocky had the best night of his career...Roy Williams was covering him...stop defending Roy.

Considering that was their gameplan because they had no other healthy receivers. I guess when witten has a good night and TO doesn't TO sucks. You need to see the game for what it was, if Wade was that worried about it he would have adjusted but it is evident that they just wanted RW to limit his runs after catch and the big play shockey only averaged about 10yds a catch hardly a glaring beat down, all he accomplished was running 10 yard patterns then being tackled. Not to mention shockey wasn't covered all night by RW, so I guess the other guys suck just as bad in coverage.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1759341 said:
is this the new Roy excuse:rolleyes: look at my name, i'm a big Roy fan but he is the weakest point of our defense.

I can read your name, thanks. Clever cover. Just answer me, what SS could cover Witten? Roy led the team in tackles and wrapped up well today. He also made a big hit on a large guy. He did what could be expected from a strong safety on a good TE like Shockey.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The issue shouldn't be "what SS can cover Shockey." The issue is that the Giants completely exploited our defense and consistently found a way to match up shockey on Roy. It slowed in the second half when we were able to make some adjustments, but I don't think we had a good game plan defensively to allow that to happen consistently.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;1759567 said:
I can read your name, thanks. Clever cover. Just answer me, what SS could cover Witten? Roy led the team in tackles and wrapped up well today. He also made a big hit on a large guy. He did what could be expected from a strong safety on a good TE like Shockey.

#1 there are a few but that will just get picked apart. on Romo's pick gibril wilson was stride for stride with owens. now i'm sure gibril got beat later in the game but he made a play covering a wr/te and it wasn't in garbage time(something Roy hasn't done this season).

#2 whoopa-dee-do basil! he made a big hit on a large guy who had his legs wrapped up by akin.

jrumann59

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1759597 said:
#1 there are a few but that will just get picked apart. on Romo's pick gibril wilson was stride for stride with owens. now i'm sure gibril got beat later in the game but he made a play covering a wr/te and it wasn't in garbage time(something Roy hasn't done this season).

Wilson had help over the top so all he had to do was cover the short stuff. Comparing Wilson in a zone or double team is stupid, when RW was man to man on shockey. I can only imagine what people would say if shockey beat him for a long play or 2. Yeas 7-8 of shockeys catches were on RW but his catches never really changed the complexion of the game.