Game Balls

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1759597 said:
#1 there are a few but that will just get picked apart. on Romo's pick gibril wilson was stride for stride with owens. now i'm sure gibril got beat later in the game but he made a play covering a wr/te and it wasn't in garbage time(something Roy hasn't done this season).

#2 whoopa-dee-do basil! he made a big hit on a large guy who had his legs wrapped up by akin.

They will get picked apart because if you get Witten one on one with ANY SS, he will take advantage of it.

Roy has played solid this season and has made a few plays. He's had a couple of pics and one particular PD that would have went for a TD.

I would post more but I'm sure Adam has already schooled (or will) with the facts and evidence that Roy is, indeed, a top strong safety in this league.

As far as your #2, there is a VERY real psychological aspect to football. If you have played it before, you'll know what I'm talking about. The fact that his legs were wrapped up is irrelevant. He felt that hit. Roy made his presence known. That's all that matters. Whether or not you choose to believe that is a real part of the game is your business.

jrumann59

Reaction score
While he hasn't been stellar in coverage hasn't had many of what the hell was he thinking plays either. I would take that over the spectacular hits and 1 TD per game it seemed like he was getting "burned" for last year.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
PBJTime;1759638 said:
They will get picked apart because if you get Witten one on one with ANY SS, he will take advantage of it.

Roy has played solid this season and has made a few plays. He's had a couple of pics and one particular PD that would have went for a TD.

I would post more but I'm sure Adam has already schooled (or will) with the facts and evidence that Roy is, indeed, a top strong safety in this league.

As far as your #2, there is a VERY real psychological aspect to football. If you have played it before, you'll know what I'm talking about. The fact that his legs were wrapped up is irrelevant. He felt that hit. Roy made his presence known. That's all that matters. Whether or not you choose to believe that is a real part of the game is your business.[/quote] i played ball in highschool. you wrote he had a big hit on a big man like it was impressive. when he hit jacobs and made him fumble on the goalline in 2005 that was impressive. hitting a ball carrier who has his legs wrapped up is not impressive. anytime somebody says something negative about Roy, all you Roy apologists come out of the shadows claiming people have an agenda(you guys love that word). fact is we saw him play like a superstar ss and now we see he is an average safety. spin it however you want cause i don't care. the only time i will bring up Roy for now on is if he makes a play not in garbage time.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
utrunner07;1759551 said:
Jeremy Shocky had the best night of his career...Roy Williams was covering him...stop defending Roy.

Roy was covering Shockey some of the time, certainly not all of the time. Shockey's longest catches came when Roy was NOT covering him.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I went back and watched every pass thrown to Shockey. He had four catches for 23 yards against Roy (for 4, 8, 4 and 7 yards). He had one for 29 against Reeves (in a prevent zone before halftime). He had one for 22 against Ayodele. He had two for 16 against Burnett (6 and 10 yards). He had one for 6 against James. He had one for 6 on a screen pass thrown behind the line of scrimmage. He had one for 16 against a prevent zone at the end of the game. And he had one for 11 between Ellis and James in zone coverage.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1760104 said:
I went back and watched every pass thrown to Shockey. He had four catches for 23 yards against Roy (for 4, 8, 4 and 7 yards). He had one for 29 against Reeves (in a prevent zone before halftime). He had one for 22 against Ayodele. He had two for 16 against Burnett (6 and 10 yards). He had one for 6 against James. He had one for 6 on a screen pass thrown behind the line of scrimmage. He had one for 16 against a prevent zone at the end of the game. And he had one for 11 between Ellis and James in zone coverage.

I'd say there's a few dolts who have been owned, as usual

David

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
[/quote] i played ball in highschool. you wrote he had a big hit on a big man like it was impressive. when he hit jacobs and made him fumble on the goalline in 2005 that was impressive. hitting a ball carrier who has his legs wrapped up is not impressive. anytime somebody says something negative about Roy, all you Roy apologists come out of the shadows claiming people have an agenda(you guys love that word). fact is we saw him play like a superstar ss and now we see he is an average safety. spin it however you want cause i don't care. the only time i will bring up Roy for now on is if he makes a play not in garbage time.[/quote]

And anytime he has a decent game, all you Roy haters come out to try to pick it apart. You can't stand it that he's playing pretty solid football.

No, you'll be back if he misses a tackle or doesn't lock down a tight end or running back in single coverage. You'll be back with your "agenda." You're right, that is a nice word.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1760104 said:

Once again Adam owns the agenda boys ........ :bow: