Game day Menu

Hardline

Reaction score
No, PADI Open Water class - completing the classroom and pool sessions. And, yes, it's a heated pool. We run a lot of weekend classes during winter to get students ready for a spring break dive trip to the Caribbean.

Scuba diving instruction is my post-retirement "play" job :)
I got certified through NAUI.
I dive Cozumel, Belize and Some cenote diving on the Yucatan every year

Techsass

Reaction score
Just finished my obligatory Sunday breakfast omelets & bacon. My wife has already told me I'm on my own today, so probably some German Brats (white) to go with the homemade potato salad in the fridge. I might make some velveta & Rotel dip to make it feel special.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We have probably passed each other underwater somewhere :laugh:

I hit Cozumel and the cenotes 3-4 trips a year. I usually dive Maracaibo and Baracuda Deep on Cozumel though, keeping away from the riff raff divers :thumbup:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cenotes are really cool, but I got caught up in a tight one a few years back on a free dive.
I got out, but it really made me think twice of ever trying to hold my breath that long again.
Another second and I would have been in serious trouble.

Techsass

Reaction score
I love the lazy dives in Cozumel. The current just moves you along so your SAC is fantastic.

My wife won't let me do the trip on my own for some reason, But she's OK with the boat trips to the Flower Gardens. Not near as cool of a dive as Cozumel.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will probably go to the bar and watch the 1st quarter or 1st half.
Really just want to stay home but there is always great food for the SB at the bar.

My ex, ordered a 6 foot long party sub, precut. A huge plate of wings. People will bring stuff in. One guy always brings a crock pot of spicy meat balls.
Should be a good crowd, lots of different food. Depending what they bring, though it is not required.

Need to go over at some point regardless to make sure they set up the projector to show game on the 100 inch screen. DJ coming up to get the sound though the speakers they use for karaoke.
Since I will be there anyway, most likely will stay as I said, 1st quarter or half.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Hopefully I get to watch the game. Working today. Migrating a cloud site to our onprem instance which will likely take all day. Doubtful I will have time to make anything.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I always theme my Super Bowl party based on the host city.

This year I'm having White bread and Velveeta sandwiches (cutting off the crust to class them up a bit), Barbecued soup bones and Olde English 800 malt liquor. To complete the experience, I'm relabeling all the street names in my neighborhood to "Peachtree" so nobody can find my house and putting a streetlight in my front yard to make it easier for my guests to pee on the sidewalk without hitting my lawn.

Techsass

Reaction score
I always theme my Super Bowl party based on the host city.

This year I'm having White bread and Velveeta sandwiches (cutting off the crust to class them up a bit), Barbecued soup bones and Olde English 800 malt liquor. To complete the experience, I'm relabeling all the street names in my neighborhood to "Peachtree" so nobody can find my house and putting a streetlight in my front yard to make it easier for my guests to pee on the sidewalk without hitting my lawn.
That always gets me whenever I have to go to Atlanta.