CFZ Game Footage Review: Anthony Barr

dogberry

Reaction score
If we are a 3, 3, 5 team who starts? If 4, 2, 5 ? Is 4,3 even an option?

Barr doesn’t threaten Giffords special teams position? But who might take Gifford and Godwin’s spots?

Xavier187

Reaction score
I think they will slide Parsons to DE and let Barr rush on both sides as a LB to get fast pressure.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Man, just think if Dante Fowler steps up for this team, along with Barr and Williams, Parsons, etc.

We really are silently putting together a nice defense, which is the biggest reason I'm excited about this team.

Imagine if 1 of our DT’s becomes a somebody and can play a full season?

AKATheRake

Reaction score

Barr doesn’t threaten Giffords special teams position? But who might take Gifford and Godwin’s spots?
4-3 is absolutely an option and may be utilized just as much as 4-2-5 depending on the oppositions pass to run balance.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They didn't play 4-3 in 2021.

They only time they had Parsons, LVE and Neal on the field together, Parsons was at DE.

They played 3 Safeties on 40% of snaps. Kearse played a hybrid LB/Safety role on those snaps.
- If you consider Kearse an actual LB, then you could call it a 4-3.

If any of the 3 veteran Safeties miss a game, it's possible that they use Jabril Cox in the role Kearse plays in the 3 Safety sets.
- Jabril was considered the top coverage LB in his draft class (Parsons didn't play much coverage in college).
- Obviously Jabril is a LB which means those snaps would be a 4-3.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’ll play DE on the right side at times, Leo most times. Moved around often.
Parsons only played snaps at DE in 4 games last season. I think both DLaw and Gregory were out for those games.
- Parsons often lined up on the line or a step back with the DE on that side hand-down and the DE on the opposite side standing up.
- That "looked" like the front 5 of a 3-4.
- It was not a 3-4 because the hand-down DL were not 3-4 type players and because the stand-up DE was indeed a DE, not a LB.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If healthy and in shape he will be great addition and free up Parsons and maybe LVE to make some plays. I hope we can bring consistent pressure. And maybe just maybe Quinn will bring blitzes. He usually does not bring many but I would love to see him bring some exotic type of blitzes on passing downs.