***Game thread -Saints v. Skins***

wahoofan22

Reaction score
We can clinch a playoff spot if either of these happens:

1) MIN loss or tie + NO win or tie, OR
2) MIN loss or tie + CAR loss or tie.

It seems the best scenario for us would be #2 and the Skins somehow find a way to beat the Saints. The saints still have a game at the Giants and home against Carolina, both of which will be fighting for their playoff lives. I think we'll have a better shot at overtaking the Saints based on our last 2 at home v. the Eagles and Lions. This, of course, means I'd have to pull for the Commanders to win today. I think I'll go rake leaves.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
wahoofan22;1239823 said:

It seems the best scenario for us would be #2 and the Skins somehow find a way to beat the Saints. The saints still have a game at the Giants and home against Carolina, both of which will be fighting for their playoff lives. I think we'll have a better shot at overtaking the Saints based on our last 2 at home v. the Eagles and Lions. This, of course, means I'd have to pull for the Commanders to win today. I think I'll go rake leaves.

I prefer to label it as "Pulling for the Saints to lose." ;)

cowboysfan

Reaction score
wahoofan22;1239823 said:

Pardon my igorance, what does "tie" means ? It is impossible to have a tie game right ?
I find that both (1) and (2) is very possible but can the Jets beat Min at Min's home field ?

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
cowboysfan;1239849 said:
Pardon my igorance, what does "tie" means ? It is impossible to have a tie game right ?
I find that both (1) and (2) is very possible but can the Jets beat Min at Min's home field ?

Nope, you can tie in the NFL -- they don't play until someone wins. I believe it's only 1 overtime period, or 2 perhaps. But they can tie.

cowboysfan

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1239861 said:
Nope, you can tie in the NFL -- they don't play until someone wins. I believe it's only 1 overtime period, or 2 perhaps. But they can tie.

Maybe after 1 OT, still no winner.... but the chance is quite slim, even more rare than Lions beat the Boys....:D

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
I am predicting:

Wash. win,
Minn. loss,
Carolina loss,

Cowboys in

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Two weeks ago ,we were the team to beat in the NFC with the Bears after our debacle vs the Saints now they're the team to beat.
After they lose today to the forskins who will be canonized as the best team next to the Bears.

How can one loss drop us that far

Fickle people

ps ;And I still say it was because of SP knowing our team so well.

We'll see today.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
After what Sean peyton did last week I'm not about to root for them again...If they win good if they lose then that's also ok.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1239838 said:
I prefer to label it as "Pulling for the Saints to lose." ;)

Thank you Sir....perfect. I will never say I'm rooting for the skins. :D

MarkBrunell

Benched
Reaction score
If your pulling for a Commanders win, your in tough luck. We suck beyond imagination. We will find a way to beat ourself just like we have all season.

btw thanx for Shaun Suisham. The guys a beast... our best player is a kicker :lmao2:

Kilyin

Reaction score
Swizzle 5 of 5 on field goals for the Deadskins.

Nice kickoff out of bounds though.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
what the hell was that? bad snap/fumbled snap.....then you decide to kick on 4th and one?? against the best O in the league when you're so close to the end zone?? and then you get a delay of game while sending out the kicker who shouldnt be out there to begin with? ***??? i am speechless.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Clove;1239998 said:
Karney is not used to being covered!

The Skins have done a masterful job of hiding their fullback coverage schemes. Parcells is still trying to get a line on them.