Gameday menu!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bloody Mary's because There's Something About Mary's, fresh popped Amish popcorn, Tom Sturgis Special Ones pretzels with sharp cheddar beer cheese in a crock, herring in wine sauce and sour cream, assorted peppers and some Shiner Holiday because it's an early game.

I am cooking a bone-in ribeye with roasted Yukon's and vinegar preceded by an artichoke for dinner and I will look up and say this to myself often. "What the hell, I thought the Cowboys were on SNF. Oh yeah, forgot". Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Take a breath. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Run to the bathroom to keep from peeing my pants. Stand over the toilet. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Best SNF game of the season.

catiii

Reaction score
Ezra Brooks 90 Proof Kentucky Bourbon, Christmas gift from one of my sons. It's my fav bourbon - I dislike the more watered down 80 proof stuff. 90 or 100 proof or none at all. :eek::D
Huge homemade Greek salad just as it should be made. Forgot to take a KC Steaks Filet Mignon (Christmas gift) out of the freezer but the Cowboys aren't worth that so saving those for Christmas and New Years - so I'll skip the protein and go vegetarian. Desert - Breyers Natural Vanilla made by US farmers topped with sugar free whipped Land O Lakes heavy whipped cream and Central Market mountain blueberries from Canada.
Feliz Navidad, Meri Kirihimete en Māori (NZ), Merry Christmas!
As my gift to all, my secret fajita marinade (based on Pappasito's) (and the old Kensington Club marinade at Steak and Ale) is a base of 1:1 canned pineapple juice and low sodium Kikkoman soy sauce. Marinate totally covered in marinade for 24 hours in a ziplock freezer bag along with the Poblano chilis and onion you're going to grill with the meat. The only spices in this are coarse ground black pepper and honey (and maybe a shot of Bourbon.) ;). Start adding cumin or chili powder and you'll totally ruin it. This one needs to stay simple.

Last edited:

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Ezra Brooks 90 Proof Kentucky Bourbon, Christmas gift from one of my sons. It's my fav bourbon - I dislike the more watered down 80 proof stuff. 90 or 100 proof or none at all. :eek::D
Huge homemade Greek salad just as it should be made. Forgot to take a KC Steaks Filet Mignon (Christmas gift) out of the freezer but the Cowboys aren't worth that so saving those for Christmas and New Years - so I'll skip the protein and go vegetarian. Desert - Breyers Natural Vanilla made by US farmers topped with sugar free whipped Land O Lakes heavy whipped cream and Central Market mountain blueberries from Canada.
Feliz Navidad, Meri Kirihimete en Māori (NZ), Merry Christmas!
As my gift to all, my secret fajita marinade (based on Pappasito's) (and the old Kensington Club marinade at Steak and Ale) is a base of 1:1 canned pineapple juice and low sodium Kikkoman soy sauce. Marinate totally covered in marinade for 24 hours in a ziplock freezer bag along with the Poblano chilis and onion you're going to grill with the meat. The only spices in this are coarse ground black pepper and honey (and maybe a shot of Bourbon.) ;). Start adding cumin or chili powder and you'll totally ruin it. This one needs to stay simple.
I will have to try the Ezra Brooks I like bourbon

Techsass

Reaction score
Late start due to wrapping presents. Started our day with homemade biscuits & eggs. Tonight was going to be chili, but she just told me she's making a casserole of some kind instead. I think she read Ranching's post & didn't want to compete with his Mom's recipe.

Techsass

Reaction score
I will be eating chicken egg rolls with rice and Sambal Oelek sauce later today. Probably not until dinner though, I have multiberry pie in the fridge.
I had to google it to figure out what you were talking about. Just added Sambal Oelek to the grocery list. It sounds like something I should have been buying already.

Dang now RamziD has me googling stuff. That actually looks good. I'm not a big fan of eating birds, but that's because I always think it's too dry.

Last edited: