Gang reportedly wears Cowboys jerseys

amartin

Reaction score
[size=-1]By ERNESTO LONDOÑO / The Dallas Morning News [/size]

The arrests of several suspected members of a vicious Central American gang have heightened fears among Dallas-area law enforcement officials about the growing influence and might of MS-13 in North Texas.

A suspected member of the gang was arrested in Dallas on Wednesday night in connection with the March death of a teenager who was shot in the head.

Federal authorities say Juan Delacruz Gomez, 21, is the 17th MS-13 member arrested in North Texas since immigration authorities launched a nationwide initiative in March to dismantle the gang.

"Most all of them have a violent criminal history, everything from sexual assault of a child, theft, burglary, homicide, aggravated assault with a weapon," said Thomas Homan, assistant special agent in charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Dallas. "ICE has made them priority No. 1 in our gang enforcement."

Agent Homan said law enforcement officials have been able to identify roughly 140 MS-13 members in North Texas since they launched Operation Community Shield two months ago.

In addition to the March slaying, Dallas police gang-unit officers have linked an MS-13 member to the shooting of a 14-year-old boy in the face. He survived.

Last week, immigration agents and Dallas police officers detained four gang members in connection with that shooting, which occurred in the 3300 block of Chapel Creek Drive in northwest Dallas.

Eduardo Galisia was the victim in the March homicide, which happened in the 3100 block of Oradell Lane. A gunman approached the 19-year-old as he was playing soccer.

"What gang are you down with?" the gunman asked the victim, according to the police report.

Mr. Galisia replied that he was not a gang member and turned to walk away. He was shot in the back of the head and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

Full report:
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/dallas/stories/052005dnmetms13.c43aee56.html

jman

Reaction score
amartin said:

The arrests of several suspected members of a vicious Central American gang have heightened fears among Dallas-area law enforcement officials about the growing influence and might of MS-13 in North Texas.

A suspected member of the gang was arrested in Dallas on Wednesday night in connection with the March death of a teenager who was shot in the head.

Federal authorities say Juan Delacruz Gomez, 21, is the 17th MS-13 member arrested in North Texas since immigration authorities launched a nationwide initiative in March to dismantle the gang.

"Most all of them have a violent criminal history, everything from sexual assault of a child, theft, burglary, homicide, aggravated assault with a weapon," said Thomas Homan, assistant special agent in charge of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Dallas. "ICE has made them priority No. 1 in our gang enforcement."

Agent Homan said law enforcement officials have been able to identify roughly 140 MS-13 members in North Texas since they launched Operation Community Shield two months ago.

In addition to the March slaying, Dallas police gang-unit officers have linked an MS-13 member to the shooting of a 14-year-old boy in the face. He survived.

Last week, immigration agents and Dallas police officers detained four gang members in connection with that shooting, which occurred in the 3300 block of Chapel Creek Drive in northwest Dallas.

Eduardo Galisia was the victim in the March homicide, which happened in the 3100 block of Oradell Lane. A gunman approached the 19-year-old as he was playing soccer.

"What gang are you down with?" the gunman asked the victim, according to the police report.

Mr. Galisia replied that he was not a gang member and turned to walk away. He was shot in the back of the head and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

Full report:
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/dallas/stories/052005dnmetms13.c43aee56.html

This is old news. I don't know if you remember, but last year while the Cowboys were in Oxnard, CA for training camp, it was learned that Cowboy gear was a mainstay of gangbangers in the area and wearing said gear may get you arrested as a gang member.

amartin

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info...I have a feeling it's going to be a slow newsday.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yes sir!!!

They talked about a big sting operation that went down last night on the news in Dallas. MS13 is real big in Cali, but they have a presence in 32 other states. One of their biggest sources of income is illegal immigrant smuggling.

I guess I am not surprised since Dallas for a 2nd year had the highest crime in the United States :cool: . They are revitalizing alot of the areas downtown, but it would have been good to have the Cowboy Stadium in South Dallas because it would have pumped alot of money in the area.

- Mike G.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jman said:
This is old news. I don't know if you remember, but last year while the Cowboys were in Oxnard, CA for training camp, it was learned that Cowboy gear was a mainstay of gangbangers in the area and wearing said gear may get you arrested as a gang member.

No it isn't - that was a smaller gang in Oxnard that wore it. MS-13, however, is a new gang to DFW, but it is also considered the most dangerous gang in North America.

Very new, pertinent news.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
So is Jerry happy about the increased jersey sales, or not? :)

Fine edged sword there.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
No it isn't - that was a smaller gang in Oxnard that wore it. MS-13, however, is a new gang to DFW, but it is also considered the most dangerous gang in North America.

I have an idea, let's use our armed forces to protect our border instead of Iraq's.

Eddie

Reaction score
Other than Cardinal, Lion, and Bengals gear ... gangs use EVERY jersey in the NFL to represent them.

It's not like the Cowboys are being singled out.

jman

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

I stand corrected Sir. Thanks for the info.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone please point out to me (I guess I'm missing it) where it says they are wearing Cowboys jerseys?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Here's the kicker ... it's thought that this gang could possibly be smuggling in terrorists through the southern border.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
Can someone please point out to me (I guess I'm missing it) where it says they are wearing Cowboys jerseys?

I don't see it either ... perhaps we're both missing something.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL .. it's a new vBulletin hack I wrote :)

I call it .. "Rehabicus de habitus" .. which loosely translates to .. "You're either with us or you're stoned"

or was that you will be stoned? Oh I can never remember the details ...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
amartin said:

Full report:

LOL , all the wannabe Crips at my school wear the blue cowboys jerseys...lol only time they look cool.

phildominator

Reaction score
So, which player is the choice of the gang generation? You think anyone's repping FB Polite?