Gardner Minshew traded to Eagles

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh yeah you might've misunderstood me....I wasn't "excited" about it. I was actually being some what tongue and cheek about it. I was the one saying I hoped the Commanders would trade their whole defensive line for him. The whole point of bringing up that rumor was just the irony of the timing. It wasn't because I was "excited" or wanted to look "right". If you want my prediction on it I don't see why anyone would trade for him at all and I honestly don't see him being traded for until his situation gets worked out. But if you want to be right on this you can have it its all good.
just giving you the business brah

its all good as long as he doesn't end up in the east IDC..

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s the only thing that makes sense to me (the Jags doing him a solid).

I imagine the Eagles weren’t the only team in the league that were interested. There are probably 2-3 teams that don’t have clear-cut starter at QB and the Eagles are one of them.

The Jags traded him to a team he has a chance to start and meet the condition to bump up the pick to a 5th.

That said, if I’m the Cowboys I would have given a 4th or 5th and not blinked.

Minshew is not a HOFer but he’d instantly be better than with Rush or Gilbert and at least gives your team a functional chance at winning should Dak go out a prolonged period of time.

I don’t see Rush any different than what Garrett was for us 20 years ago. Spot starter that could surprise and win a game but you get diminishing returns the longer he’s under center.

I agree. Minshew would have been a decent backup. What has me scratching my head is Philly talk radio. They have Minshew as no chance of being anything but a backup. And although they might be right, what the hell do they think they're starting now?

They talk about Hurts like he's been their solid starter for 4 years. He hasn't even played a full 4 games. He didn't impress me. He had a terrible game against that Cowboys defense.

buddieluver

Reaction score
fish said yesterday Bryan Broaddus reached to some league people and was told he id not a good guy.