Twitter: Garrett: A better o-line will lead to a better defense

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Guys, can you spare us the Garrett cynicism for a couple days? I'd like to get through the draft without having to dump a thread in the Rant Zone.

Yeah I kind of thought about saying the same cynical things, but the fact is that at this point it's nitpicking. Cowboys made a great pick, at some point you do have to trust that he is trying to deliver in this way.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Good coaches adapt their schemes to the strengths of their football team. Only time will tell if the Cowboys put more emphasis on the running game, but JG's comments are a good indication that they will do so.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to see u pickup a vet RB and become much more balanced on offense as anyone. But it will take 1. the defense to do it's job and 2. JG to stop calling pass plays all day.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No it won't. It just means the defense MAY be on the field for less time. If however, they still fail to get stops and give up big plays like last year the decrease in opponents time of possession will be washed out by a high scoring percentage on the drives they do have.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I wonder why so many fans can't stand him. Give it a rest people!

That's not the point, at all and sarcasm doesn't help your point, either. I know, recognize, and understand why folks don't like Garrett. I get it. But this is draft time and the Cowboys are off to a good start, I'd like to keep threads from devolving into JG or Jerry bashing...at least until all the picks are in and all the UDFA picks have agreed.

Too much to hope for?

ufcrules1

Reaction score
That's not the point, at all and sarcasm doesn't help your point, either. I know, recognize, and understand why folks don't like Garrett. I get it. But this is draft time and the Cowboys are off to a good start, I'd like to keep threads from devolving into JG or Jerry bashing...at least until all the picks are in and all the UDFA picks have agreed.

Too much to hope for?

Ok, you just started a thread that riled people up... basically baited those responses. It is well known that JG abandoned the run game last year and pissed off the entire fan base.

With that said, I will stop talking about him for a while so we can continue enjoying the draft.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
With Romo's back problems, maybe the staff will finally commit to running the ball out of necessity. I like what I'm hearing but am anxious to see it play out during the games.

KB1122

Reaction score
OK, we get it. We decided on a steak pick. But now a guard is "sizzle?" Come on.