Garrett - coach of the year?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we finish the season with 3 wins and end up with an 11-5 record... Should Jason Garrett be in the discussion for coach of the year since we started the season 3-5 and made some key acquisition(s) and turned things around quickly.
Only if we win big in post season. Some of the front runners have lost their shine lately.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I love the way he's coached up the defense too. Jerry put him in charge of the defense a couple years ago. Good job Jason

cern

Reaction score
not likely unless they win the big dance. you have to figure in his culpability in our 3-5 start.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
He had a good line with the men.. he called dak a tough sob and looked like he ment it.

His bs ways get a pass today on all fronts.

hsfolk

Reaction score
not likely unless they win the big dance. you have to figure in his culpability in our 3-5 start.
the award gets decided before the Super Bowl and I can't remember the last time a coach with 5 losses won COY

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So, a tipped pass and a great play by Cooper and suddenly Garrett is coach of the year?

Imagine what would have happened if Dallas actually scored about 38 in this game like they should have.

If that was Romo under center the game would have been over by half time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Garrett is getting the COY again. He turned around a struggling quarterback. Good job Jason.

I'm sure glad Garrett waited til midway through the season to do it. If he had done it in the offseason, when players actually get coached up, this season would have been way too boring.

Though if it's all about coaching up Dak, shouldn't Kellen Moore be COY?

waldoputty

Reaction score
you got nagy and mcvay ahead on the list.

i would give garrett credit for:
1. going for it on the 4th
2. calling timeout before end of regulation to save time
3. seen a pick play or 2 actually working
4. tightend (@Ranching ones) having a good game
5. defense playing amazing though most credit goes to richard
6. more slant routes
7. identifying wr1 as the missing offensive piece (other than more accurate qb who has more pocket presence)

however something is still really lacking on motion, no-huddle, playcalling on the offense

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
First half of season team looked like garbage. He was on the hot seat after Titans game funny how that’s when they started looking better. JG is supposed to be and offensive genius lucky the D was so good to hold NO to 10 cause 13 don’t win many games. Offense today didn’t look good stalling out in the red zone and turning ball over. Yeah they had a lot of yards but points win games you got to get TDs in the red zone not FGs. I’m glad they are winning but I don’t trust this offense. JG won’t win COY to many other coaches who have done better.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Yeah the stupidity is coming out........my theory is they are all Eagles fans in disguise because our fanbase isn't this stupid.

I know right? God forbid fans praise their team, coach, and players. It really is stupid when they do that.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
There is no doubt Garrett has saved his job with the resurgence of the team since the Cooper trade. And his aggressive play calling.