Garrett college coach

sportsman

Reaction score
I really think Garrett would be a better college vs pro coach. I just hope some college school believes it also.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really think Garrett would be a better college vs pro coach. I just hope some college school believes it also.

College would suite him more because he could get away with schemes that relied on the ability to just line up and out athlete teams.

The NFL is not built that way anymore and he's behind the times.

As long as he was at a powerhouse school and not a school that pulled in mediocre talent he would do fine.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

I dunno, I'm not nearly as critical of Garrett as some on here. I think he is coaching very conservatively, yes, but I really think that is giving us at least a chance at the end of these games. If you hand over the reins to Cassell, he is riding that horse right off a cliff. No, I am much more critical of the FO -- they're the ones who let Demarco go (Garrett fully realized his value), they're the ones who left us high and dry without a viable backup QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm not nearly as critical of Garrett as some on here. I think he is coaching very conservatively, yes, but I really think that is giving us at least a chance at the end of these games. If you hand over the reins to Cassell, he is riding that horse right off a cliff. No, I am much more critical of the FO -- they're the ones who let Demarco go (Garrett fully realized his value), they're the ones who left us high and dry without a viable backup QB.

MAtt Cassell is a viable backup.

Also, I know Weeden is horrible, but he has won NFL games with less experience and on a worse team.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
How is John Garrett's College HC search going? He "left" because he wanted to seek a College HC job. Jason will be lucky if a division 2 or 3 team hires him as HC. Jerry is the only idiot that is fooled by Jason's brilliance. Jason should have actually coached in college for a few years to get some valuable experience instead of being put the "Dallas Cowboys Head Coach TRAINING Academy for Ivy League Graduates" Program. Jerry is the Head Master of this Academy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
His father was his college coach at Columbia but he went 0-10 and Jason and his 2 brothers transferred to Princeton when his Dad resigned.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
MAtt Cassell is a viable backup.

Also, I know Weeden is horrible, but he has won NFL games with less experience and on a worse team.

Right!

Cassell was a Pro Bowler in 2010 with KC and won as a backup. He was good last night. Weeden won games in Cleveland of all places. Jets are running out the Fitzpatrick/Geno pupu platter and have won. We haven't had a backup win a game in 5 flipping years. That's unreal and goes back to preparation, coaching and game planning.

As far as college...I'm not sure. They run all of these tricky offenses putting 50 on the board now. JG would have his team score 20 pts a game and get blown.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right!

Cassell was a Pro Bowler in 2010 with KC and won as a backup. He was good last night. Weeden won games in Cleveland of all places. Jets are running out the Fitzpatrick/Geno pupu platter and have won. We haven't had a backup win a game in 5 flipping years. That's unreal and goes back to preparation, coaching and game planning.

As far as college...I'm not sure. They run all of these tricky offenses putting 50 on the board now. JG would have his team score 20 pts a game and get blown.

Because our scheme is built on the mentality that our guys are better than your guys and when our guys aren't better we have no where else to go.