Garrett Family Nepotism and Pyramid Scheme

conner01

Reaction score
I got news for ya. NFL coaching staffs are full of cronyism. Blame this on the guy cutting the check, not the fraud that is cashing it.
Staffs are full of family members around the league

wilfred

Reaction score
4a3.gif

The further we go down this rabbit hole, the more it proves he's a fraud of a coach

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Grifters. I guess the Garretts are really successful at one thing... grifting. Making people think they are good when they actually aren't. That's a skill I will give them that. Only way to explain Jerry keeping JG as an HC this long despite his mediocre resume which if anything Romo kept it from tanking below. 500 on average. That grifting magic is now starting to wear off more which is good. I guess it will take another year before Jerry sees it? But I keep thinking that every year that Cowboys fail and we are back with JG as HC which is usually accompanied with some excuse for keeping him.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Which isn't a surprise. Any first rounder can be a bust.

Jason Garrett has been head coach since 2011.

Since then we've only drafted defensive players in the 1st round, three times.

Seven of the patriots' last 8 1st rounders have all been on defense...

So the Offense got 4 first rounders and the got 3 first rounds,, yea sounds very unfair to me. This is just nit picking. NE is currently ranked 29th in D. So I guess that means Garrett was able to do more with less than Belicheat... yea right. Dont' get me wrong, I like the post. I don't agree with it, but at least you did some work on it which is refreshing for a change. But this last point is just off imo.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
So the Offense got 4 first rounders and the got 3 first rounds,, yea sounds very unfair to me. This is just nit picking. NE is currently ranked 29th in D. So I guess that means Garrett was able to do more with less than Belicheat... yea right. Dont' get me wrong, I like the post. I don't agree with it, but at least you did some work on it which is refreshing for a change. But this last point is just off imo.

Your posts reflect an inability to see or understand big pictures.

It isn't simply 4 vs 3. The offense and defense didn't start off at the same point when Garrett became head coach. The offense already had significantly more resources invested in it whereas the defense was aging rapidly. The continued investment in the offense came because Garrett can't get more out of less on a consistent basis.

New England is 29th ranked in defense? Wrong. They've given up the 29th most yards, but they are actually tied for 6th in points allowed. Points determine winners and losers, not yards. So you're wrong there as well. Maybe a little more work on your end next time.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

And taking things further from 2010 (when Garrett became head coach) to 2016 (year before this draft and the focus on defense) the mix was 5 to 2 in favor of offense in the first round.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What a load of crap. The Garrett's are good people and a fine football family.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Hence my post earlier this week:

The Garretts have swindle their way around the college and NFL circuit, but eventually their con gets exposed and they get fired. Bouncing around for a new host every couple of years, they finally dug their hooks into the big one: Jerry Jones. For some strange reason, their game's staying power with Jerry is reaching a David Koresh/The Clintons level.
grima+wormtongue

JJ is loyal to a fault and also values comfort level over bottom line results. It's the same reason why he keep Larry Lacewell around forever despite years of terrible drafts. He also constantly valued his hero Frank Broyles opinion despite the fact he had never coached the pro game and had been out of coaching for decades. Same reason for the Switzer hire. Jerry values loyalty above all and if you are loyal to him and allow him to be "Jerry" you will usually have job security even if it's not deserved. It's a great quality to have as a person but as a GM, not so much.