Garrett is the worst kind of Coach

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For an Organization you either need a really great coach or a really terrible one.
Let me explain :
A really bad coach is obvious and usually gets canned in 1 to 3 seasons.
Examples: Steve Spurrier, Rich Kotite, Ray Handley.
They don't set the team back too much because of their short tenure.
The great coaches, because they are so good can stay as long as they wish : Parcells, Belichet, ect...
These coaches keep you in the mix , by making the playoffs most seasons.
This brings us to the worst kind of Coach :
One that is average.
They do just enough to keep hanging around, making you think just maybe they are a good or great coach.
In the end they are not and they waste years of a Team's potential.
This describes Garrett to a T.
He has really good seasons followed up by terrible ones, or 8 and 8 seasons.
We ended up wasting Romo's prime years.
I wonder how many more seasons will be wasted ?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
i agree. and honestly feel like this will be another year like that. we'll probably lose the next few but then "finish strong" getting us to 8-8, giving jones hope we can carry it over into next season.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Either that or he is an awful coach with some very talented teams. He' managed to stick around due to the unfortunate unavailability of certain key players, fact he's well liked by many players, and Jerry's love for him above all else. There aren't too many that do such an awful job as an offensive coordinator get promoted to head coach, then have their offensive powers taken away to focus on developing as a head coach.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
I'm done with Jason Garrett. Even former NFL execs like Lombardi have been roasting Garrett and his coaching ability for years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Either that or he is an awful coach with some very talented teams. He' managed to stick around due to the unfortunate unavailability of certain key players, fact he's well liked by many players, and Jerry's love for him above all else. There aren't too many that do such an awful job as an offensive coordinator get promoted to head coach, then have their offensive powers taken away to focus on developing as a head coach.

You think Jason wins a superbowl with any of the past teams who have recently won a superbowl?

Heck no.

The guy needs a perfect team.

We lost to a Green Bay Packers team at home in the playoffs because McCarthy schooled Marinelli. They adjusted after our first game and we never countered back. We just played Rodgers like we did in GB earlier in the season and GB was more then prepared for that.

We got sent home early last year against a team that we were much better than.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
You think Jason wins a superbowl with any of the past teams who have recently won a superbowl?

Heck no.

The guy needs a perfect team.

We lost to a Green Bay Packers team at home in the playoffs because McCarthy schooled Marinelli. They adjusted after our first game and we never countered back. We just played Rodgers like we did in GB earlier in the season and GB was more then prepared for that.

We got sent home early last year against a team that we were much better than.

Maybe the 1996 Cowboys.

fredp22

Reaction score
agree but hes exactly what Jerry wants, good enough to appear like he knows what hes doing but easily manipulated. Jerrys the problem and hes getting into the Al Davis late years sort of crazy. With his time in the league and ego hes at the "nobody tells me what to do and I control not only this team but everything that is NFL" frame of mind. I think Stephen may be our only savior. Hes got to get Jerry to step aside any take over. Until then I see this team staying like it is - being run like Davis ran the Raiders in his late years