Twitter: Garrett on Dak injury

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I love what Garrett said…. I never had a problem with Garrett the person. Garrett’s choices, work, and philosophy as a HC? Yah— not so much lol
I’m a little shocked people dislike him so much. The worst thing he did was be a dead man walking thanks to Jerry. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to be here.

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW. Dak didn’t want Garrett fired, reports are that he was unhappy and teared up in his PC when it was announced. Dak was a Garrett-lackey when the latter was HC.

Then you had guys like Aikman basically ripping the Cowboys for supposedly not letting Garrett do his job. How’s Garrett’s “doing his job” in NY looking for you Aikman? If anything, Garrett had a whole bunch of people to come to his aid, despite his lack of performance. Had guys in the media like Aikman fit a long time and Babe Laufenburg during the Wade era to do it. The amount of excuses and bland shifting that the media did for Garrett, when he was our HC and OC was nauseating.

I mean if anybody was treated like dirt by the media it was Wade Phillips and the whole Dallas media and a majority of fans were just waiting to roll out the red carpet for “the next Tom Landry”.

Last edited:

FaSho

Reaction score
BTW. Dak didn’t want Garrett fired, reports are that he was unhappy and teared up in his PC when it was announced. Dak was a Garrett-lackey when the latter was HC.

Then you had guys like Aikman basically ripping the Cowboys for supposedly not letting Garrett do his job. How’s Garrett’s “doing his job” in NY looking for you Aikman? If anything, Garrett had a whole bunch of people to come to his aid, despite his lack of performance. Had guys in the media like Aikman fit a long time and Babe Laufenburg during the Wade era to do it. The amount of excuses and bland shifting that the media did for Garrett, when he was our HC and OC was nauseating.

I mean if anybody was treated like dirt by the media it was Wade Phillips and the whole Dallas media and a majority of fans were just waiting to roll out the red carpet for “the next Tom Landry”.

Totally agree! Wade got treated poorly because of Garrett "waiting in the wings." Same thing will inevitably happen with Mccarthy and Kellen, though Mccarthy will probably deserve it lol

Nav22

Reaction score

Dak was a “Garrett lackey”?

Name a franchise QB who doesn’t publicly support his head coach.

I’m so sorry that Dak keeps crushing you in the game of life. You sound bitter, insecure... and oh so inferior.

Psst...... the worse Garrett was, the more impressive it is that Dak was able to put together a strong career with Garrett as his coach for the first 4 seasons of his career.

Oops! Dak crushed you again.
:lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
Totally agree! Wade got treated poorly because of Garrett "waiting in the wings." Same thing will inevitably happen with Mccarthy and Kellen, though Mccarthy will probably deserve it lol

Moore is actually showing he’s more capable than Garrett ever was though. He’s actually benefiting MM, while Garrett was hurting Wade…

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ugh, this is getting soooooo old!
Move on already....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Garrett's a good guy. I really respect him. There was never an issue of Garrett's character or his effort. He was let go in hopes that the team could find a head coach with a better football skill set. But I've always respected Garrett as a human being, and I'm sure Jerry and the organization feel the same way.

Plankton

Reaction score
gum-cowboys.gif

Praxit

Reaction score
..woah, for a minute there I thought he was going to mention he loved Brokeback Mountain too. ..;)..