Twitter: Garrett PC - 12/25/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kitna will make $55,294 w #Cowboys for 1-wk work. Estimated salary for him as Tacoma schoolteacher? $49,900. @1053thefan

Garrett said Kitna, who was teaching/coaching, reached out to the Cowboys about the job. Said he was gung-ho

Jon Kitna reached out to Jason Garrett. "Are you serious?" Garrett asked Kitna "Absolutely," kitna responded.

Garrett saw Romo this morning. Said he's still fighting through the injury. "Didn't look overly comfortable."

@RapSheet It's a good sign that #Romo is mobile enough to come to @dallascowboys facility. Shows Romo not a bedrest.

Is Tony Romo getting a second opinion? Jason Garrett said #Cowboys "army of guys who specialize in this area" are handling it.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he's hopeful that CB Morris Claiborne will practice today.

Jason Garrett said Sean Lee won't practice today.

Lincoln High (Wa.) Math teacher Jon Kitna’s winter break is Dec. 20 thru Jan. 1. So if #Cowboys make playoffs, his class may need a sub

#cowboys do NOT anticipate LB Sean Lee practicing today. (Not just 'neck ligament'; source tells me neuraplaxia (nerve/spine prob) likely

Tony Romo wasn't involved with team meetings this morning but was at Valley Ranch.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was posting this from my phone, so I wasn't able to post tweets like normal...so you guys can know who tweeted what.

Ask and i'll see who tweeted what.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
Jason Garrett was quoting Rod Marinelli who joked about his former QB from Detroit, saying "Those Math scores in Washington are going down." and Kitna responding "not in my class, they aren't."

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lee with neuraplaxia, you can write him off for at least a month, maybe 2.

rcaldw

Reaction score
So Kitna was our solution because Kitna called them out the blue? So what was the plan if Kitna didn't call?

Yea, they didn't have a plan at all. In fact, they didn't even think about calling a QB. I heard they were working out LB's for the QB spot, that is how clueless Garrett is. Just clueless. Doesn't know how to get out of the rain. Eats cereal without milk. Personally, I can't believe they weren't calling all of those QB's who can learn your offensive system in about 4 days. I know those guys are all over the place. Cmon Garrett!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Neuraplaxia is a 6-8 week injury so Lee is probably done for the season.

The worst part about is that he's much more likely to have a reoccurrence of it in the future. Coupled with his injury history, that's not a good thing.

Falcon554

Reaction score
Neuraplaxia is a 6-8 week injury so Lee is probably done for the season.

The worst part about is that he's much more likely to have a reoccurrence of it in the future. Coupled with his injury history, that's not a good thing.

yea what mess he is

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it comes down to Kitna vs a guy off the street who doesn't know our system or playbook, I'd take Kitna every time. If we still had Tanney on the PS, I would have preferred him, but we don't, so Kitna was the next best move.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yea, they didn't have a plan at all. In fact, they didn't even think about calling a QB. I heard they were working out LB's for the QB spot, that is how clueless Garrett is. Just clueless. Doesn't know how to get out of the rain. Eats cereal without milk. Personally, I can't believe they weren't calling all of those QB's who can learn your offensive system in about 4 days. I know those guys are all over the place. Cmon Garrett!

Jim Garrett, is that you?

Proximo

Reaction score
If it comes down to Kitna vs a guy off the street who doesn't know our system or playbook, I'd take Kitna every time. If we still had Tanney on the PS, I would have preferred him, but we don't, so Kitna was the next best move.

Seriously. Tanney would've been the obvious backup to Orton. But given the circumstances I have no problem with the Kitna signing. It's clearly for emergencies only.

People don't realize how bad these street free agent quarterbacks are. We're in a league that is desperate for good QB's; if those guys were worth a damn they wouldn't be available.

Remember when Bradford went down and the Rams seriously inquired about Favre? Speaks volumes. And that's a team that I believe had 2 other QBs on their roster at the time, both of which went through camp with them. If the QBs that are warming a bench somewhere are that poorly thought of, imagine how bad the ones are that don't even have a bench to warm.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If Tony can't play and Orton goes down, who gives a rip at that point...

BigD5

Reaction score
If Tony can't play and Orton goes down, who gives a rip at that point...

Exactly. Folks getting all bent out of shape about a player that more than likely won't even play.

And it's been said several times already but Kitna is our best option because Tanney is unavailable. This ain't Madden where you can just pick up any Qb off the street and they know the whole play book right off the bat. Hell we'd be lucky if they could learn a tenth of the playbook by Sunday night