Twitter: Garrett Presser Tweets: 08/25/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 24m
Jason Garrett: nothing new with Tony Romo missing practice. "I think he's doing OK."
Garrett: A little bit of today's work was spent preparing for the 49ers
Garrett: Everybody needs work, not just the o-line. "We're not ready. We're never gonna be ready."
Garrett on Selvie (shoulder): "We don't think it's too, too serious."
Garrett: Cowboys gave up 10 explosive plays Saturday night, but eight were in the second half
Jason Garrett on how Brandon Carr played Saturday: "I thought it was good work for him. He looked comfortable out there."
Jason Garrett on Bruce Carter playing strongside LB Saturday: "He did a lot of really good things. He was around the ball a lot."
Garrett on being 0-3 in preseason: "We play the games to win, that's Line 1. Winning certainly matters," but also want to try diff. things

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 21m
Garrett said he's hopeful to have Selvie (shoulder) back by the opener

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 18m
Garrett said the team has talked to Dixon about the illegal hit and said he won't be playing if he doesn't try to play within the rules
Bruce Carter was expected to be a breakout star at WLB. But he may have had his strongest game of the preseason at strongside.

For giggles

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett on injured players, it's never a clear answer. Why does he need to do that. It's always we hope to have him back, or he should be ok.
When 1st asked about Selvie, said they don't think it's serious, but will give a few days, then asked if Selvie would be ready for opener, he says I certainly hope so. So what is it, he will or he won't.
We have all these freaking what is supposed to be minor injuries that they hope to have back. This is too old, just give a straight answer for once.

To clarify something about Dixson.
Garrett commented that they look at film on everything like this, and a player at times goes in at the correct angle or attempt to tackle, but the other player adjust, moves, dips, or whatever, and these type of hits are the result. They like the play, but also talk to them about it.
Garrett made the comment about him not playing, when asked what he thought of dixson's comments, that, that is his style of play, that's what you get. He didn't flat out say he wasn't going to play because ofthat hit, he meant if he has that attitude that's how he plays, he won't play becasue of that attitude.

I think I explained that right.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Garrett on injured players, it's never a clear answer. Why does he need to do that. It's always we hope to have him back, or he should be ok.
When 1st asked about Selvie, said they don't think it's serious, but will give a few days, then asked if Selvie would be ready for opener, he says I certainly hope so. So what is it, he will or he won't.
We have all these freaking what is supposed to be minor injuries that they hope to have back. This is too old, just give a straight answer for once.

I understand that's it's frustrating.

But could you provide an example of a head coach that does not do this?

Maybe 2 or 3 out of 32?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Maybe 2 or 3 out of 32?

Coaches give the pressers because they have to not because they want to. Way I see it Selvie will play if he can and if he can't someone else will have to step up and play. Telling the media and the fans one way or the other will not change the outcome.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe 2 or 3 out of 32?

Yeah, I guess with all the negatives of yet again, injury after injury, though supposedly minor, people look for something positive...like, yes he will be fine and ready to go by game time...

erod

Reaction score
I liked his message to Ahmad Dixon, who said the penalty "isn't going to change the way I play."

Garrett: "Well, then he's not going to play."

Good answer, coach.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dixon needs to learn when not to hit a Wr,he could have made more of an effort to pull up on that play.

PAISAN247

Reaction score
Garrett on Selvie (shoulder): "We don't think it's too, too serious."

So he should be back around the time lawrence is :p

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dixon needs to learn when not to hit a Wr,he could have made more of an effort to pull up on that play.

Or he could have made an actual play on the ball and won the game right there. At the very least, he should not have taken that pop and lost it for us. I didn't like his comments afterward, either.

I like a headhunter as much or more than the next guy. But a dumb, unrepentant one is going to find himself on the wrong side of a roster cut-down more often than not.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Or he could have made an actual play on the ball and won the game right there. At the very least, he should not have taken that pop and lost it for us. I didn't like his comments afterward, either.

I like a headhunter as much or more than the next guy. But a dumb, unrepentant one is going to find himself on the wrong side of a roster cut-down more often than not.

He'll also have the officials looking very closely at his every move...not good.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He changed his tune later.

coult44

Reaction score
I liked his message to Ahmad Dixon, who said the penalty "isn't going to change the way I play."

Garrett: "Well, then he's not going to play."

Good answer, coach.

I don't. It's the same message that everyone tries to send to Dez. He could be "that guy" on a defense that desperately needs "that guy!" Look at the way Pete Carroll addresses his guys and the PI calls. "We are gonna play physical like we do, there's no way they are gonna call every play a penalty". And guess what? It got them all the way to the SB champs.

On a side note, the NFL totally overlooks the way these offensive guys are shifting into these hits.