Garrett sucks at playcalling....Wheres Felix!!!!

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
dre1614;2293380 said:
I guarantee you if Garrett called more run plays, We would have had an even harder time moving the football. The forced us to throw on them with our secondary weapons, and we couldn't do it.

The rush was too sporadic to become anything useful.
The whole game plan was about passing and it wasn't working. Romo was off target and Springs was doing a good job against TO. I guess someone must have felt they had to make up for his 2 catch performance in GB, because it was forced all game.

If they wanted more pass plays, they should have had more safety valves with Barber and Jones. Trying for something big on every down led to a lot of 3rd down conversions that went for nothing.

They abandoned the run far too quick for a team with two very good running backs.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Silverstar;2293408 said:
It was a battle for sure, but you don't become one dimensional down by 1 TD.

When your D is on the field for 38 out of 60 minutes, you simply didn't get the running game going....period.

The D was out there that long cause they couldn't stop anyone......period.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The Rawhide Kid;2293257 said:
Garrett did this at times last year. There is no excuse for it.

He's supposed to be a disciple of Norv and he game plans at times as if he is a disciple of Steve Spurrier. Pitiful. 10 rushes in a game you were in all the way until the end.

:eek: :spanking:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Wow. One bad game this season and he sucks.

Sometimes people's venting borders on the insane.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2293409 said:
Well I'm glad your not coaching. If a team is stacking the box on you, the correct read is to go to another option.

Not every single time.

And what was that Garrett said in training camp? "Last year I tried to rationalize everything. 'Ah, well they had nine in the box' or whatever. (Forget) that. We're not doing that this year."

Whatever happened to that?

When teams stack the box on you, there are times when you just have to try to punch them in the mouth. Otherwise, you're not "taking what the defense gives you," you're letting the defense dictate what plays you call.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2294800 said:
Not every single time.

And what was that Garrett said in training camp? "Last year I tried to rationalize everything. 'Ah, well they had nine in the box' or whatever. (Forget) that. We're not doing that this year."

Whatever happened to that?

When teams stack the box on you, there are times when you just have to try to punch them in the mouth. Otherwise, you're not "taking what the defense gives you," you're letting the defense dictate what plays you call.

I hope to heaven that someone in the media throws this Hard Knocks quote back at Garrett. Walk your talk, Red, walk your frikkin talk.

I still believe in ole Red, but man, do not abandon the run so prematurely again.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Thanos68;2293142 said:
No passes to felix. No runs with Felix..No nothing with Felix. Pass Pass Pass..Horrible playcalling Mr Garrett. You have a home run threat and you don't even put him in the game. Not even in the 3rd and 4th quarter when their D is cramping up. YOU SUCK GARRETT !!!!!!!!

I guess that goes to show you they have zero faith in Felix and when the game is on the line they will not go to him no matter what and apparently they won't even run the ball.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
dre1614;2293369 said:
Did you even watch Barber try and run? They were stuffing him almost EVERY SINGLE time. They had a good gameplan. The only complaint I have is not using Felix, but Im not worried because after all he is a rookie.
This is my biggest question about this game, Why couldn't we run block and where was Felix's?.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2294928 said:
This is my biggest question about this game, Why couldn't we run block and where was Felix's?.

We had trouble running the left side where proctor was at/

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here ,but after the first half .if J.G. was doing such a questionable job isn't it the responsibility of the HC to tell him to make some changes or at least have some input:rolleyes:.