Garrett's Game Awareness

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Gotta give the guy credit going for it on 4th downs, but man that timeout after Witten's catch near the end of the 1st half was a huge mistake. You just gotta know on a generous spot like that you get the next play off quickly. No need whatsoever for that timeout in that situation. Instead of 3 or 7 pts we give the ball back and GB goes and gets 3 pts. As soon as he called that timeout I knew that would come back to haunt us. We were in the driver seat and that timeout changed the whole game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta give the guy credit going for it on 4th downs, but man that timeout after Witten's catch near the end of the 1st half was a huge mistake. You just gotta know on a generous spot like that you get the next play off quickly. No need whatsoever for that timeout in that situation. Instead of 3 or 7 pts we give the ball back and GB goes and gets 3 pts. As soon as he called that timeout I knew that would come back to haunt us. We were in the driver seat and that timeout changed the whole game.

The problem wasn't calling a time out. The problem was the play call on 3rd and 1.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the 4th and 2 on our last drive was a stupid call. There is too much that can go wrong on that. It is not like it was 4th and 12 or something.

I liked going for it but there are many other favorable plays to call there when only needing 2 lousy yards. That was a do or die play and we died whether it was a catch or not. They needed a new set of downs, not going for it all IMO.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I was gonna create a thread for you Garret haters to have their go…I knew from day one, no matter what, you will come out of your holes after being silenced for months

:cool:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Eh...whatever. Great year from Garrett and his staff. Now go get us some more quality players to continue improving this team.

This ........... funny how all these gloom and doomers where hard core fight guys last week.

We lost the game to a good team because of some bad breaks and calls.

No use crying about it ...... just regroup and do better next year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Just stop, this is silly. No one at home was thinking that until after it happened. And they still could have reviewed it even if they hurried. Hindsight is 20/20.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Give me a break.

He thought we had a first down and was saving time for a score. Geez, the timeout was called the second the play was over, so he didn't have the ability to see the replay or the luxury to think it over.

99.99% of the time, it's the right call.

Your .01% hindsight is prefect.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

That did not decide the game. I blame Demarco for his fumble that could have been a TD!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. You had a 1st down. New set of downs. Game awareness IMO says you DO NOT call a timeout and give them time to review it.

Not necessarily true. You can't say we had the 1st down. You don't know that the refs upstairs wouldn't have stopped the game for review. Again, the problem was the play we ran on 3rd down. Run the ball!!!

sbark

Reaction score
Just stop, this is silly. No one at home was thinking that until after it happened. And they still could have reviewed it even if they hurried. Hindsight is 20/20.

Nope, he should've known the play was going to get a booth review likely.............get up an get a play off if possible, if not make them review it from the booth and before GBay could get their heavies in on short yardage.......