Garrett's replacement

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
I think Red is going to go to the Ravens. Who do you think we'll bring in? I bet Cam Cameron will be the guy.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Sonny Koufax;1905476 said:
I think Red is going to go to the Ravens. Who do you think we'll bring in? I bet Cam Cameron will be the guy.
I hope.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
If he leaves, whoever replaces him needs to make a commitment to the team. Im tired of the offensive coaching merry-go-round.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
why would he go to a hc so soon? two years ago qb's coach (right?) this year offensive cord...why would he be stupid to jump to a hc spot?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1905501 said:
If he leaves, whoever replaces him needs to make a commitment to the team. Im tired of the offensive coaching merry-go-round.
We're going to have to get a 28 year old, like the Pats did. Cause with Romo, Witten, TO, etc., they're going to put up a lot of points and people are going to want them as an HC no matter who it is.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Cam Cameron is a natural fit, and for a longshot...Pete Carmichael Jr. currently with the Saints as the QB coach, but was on the Chargers staff as recently as 04/05.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
This guy wants to be Joe Montana so bad lets see him in a true west-coast offense then and see what he's made of. Barber can be our roger craig, witten can be our brent jones, and owens can be owens and crayton can try to be john taylor. The offense has the weapons for a west-coast offense it just needs a good fullback like a tom rathman or brad mustard. Besides romo likes to roll out of the pocket alot anyways.

hendog

Reaction score
I think cam would be a good replacement. After this past year he's probably not to eager to test the HC waters again for a while and I doubt there'd be much interest for him as a HC.

AS OC for the Chargers he went 14-2 with a team of scrub WR's and I'd say he did a fair job of utilizing the playmaking skills of LT.

If Red and Tony leave I'd take him and Hudson Houck in a flash.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cameran doesn't excite me in the least. I would rather promote Ray Sherman. Honestly, I really would rather have Al Saunders. His offenses were just phenomenal at KC and weren't half bad in Washington when he could use his entire playbook under Collins.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1905649 said:
Cameran doesn't excite me in the least. I would rather promote Ray Sherman. Honestly, I really would rather have Al Saunders. His offenses were just phenomenal at KC and weren't half bad in Washington when he could use his entire playbook under Collins.
Something about being in the league for 30+ years and never really getting much consideration as a coordinator doesn't excite me.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I wouldn't be jumping for joy over Sherman, but he has been the offensive coordinator for three different teams.

Something about this team not being able to get past the first round of the playoffs and reuniting the duo that in San Diego went 12-4 in 2004 and 14-2 in 2006 and lost in the first round of the playoffs both years doesn't excite me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1905664 said:
Something about this team not being able to get past the first round of the playoffs and reuniting the duo that in San Diego went 12-4 in 2004 and 14-2 in 2006 and lost in the first round of the playoffs both years doesn't excite me.
I don't buy into that sort of thought. Generally the rules in the playoffs are the same as the rules in the regular season. If a guy can win in one, he should be able to win in the other. The difference is just that you're required to win 3 straight games against very good teams to win it all and that's difficult no matter who you are.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theogt;1905667 said:
The difference is just that you're required to win 3 straight games against very good teams to win it all and that's difficult no matter who you are.

It is difficult. Especially when you can never win the first one.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
the kid 05;1905543 said:
why would he go to a hc so soon? two years ago qb's coach (right?) this year offensive cord...why would he be stupid to jump to a hc spot?

not stupid at all, we are talking millions now.... one life opportunity, what would u do ??

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Sonny Koufax;1905476 said:

If cam is smart he would end up with us..

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Cam has directed Top 5 offenses in San Diego with comparable offensive talent. He knows Wade and would probably be a good fit here imo.

Woods

Reaction score
IF Redball were to leave, I'd bring in Cam.

And I doubt even if we have the top offense in the NFL next year that Cam is going to be interviewing for a HC job after 1 year removed from the Miami fiasco.

I think we'd have continuity. Plus, we know he should be able to work with Wade. And he's led top offenses in the NFL before.

And I'm guessing his experience and problems in Miami probably have actually made him a better all around coach/football guy as well. Smart guys tend to learn from their mistakes.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1905667 said:
I don't buy into that sort of thought. Generally the rules in the playoffs are the same as the rules in the regular season. If a guy can win in one, he should be able to win in the other. The difference is just that you're required to win 3 straight games against very good teams to win it all and that's difficult no matter who you are.

We're not talking about winning three straight. We're talking about not even being able to win one.

brewers47

Reaction score
I am going to think outside of the box on this what about Ken Zampese he certainly has the credintials.

What do you guys think?